Fiat Coupe Club UK

Future classics..........

Posted By: bezzer

Future classics.......... - 02/10/2019 12:33

Before anyone asks, no I don;t read the Daily Fail....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-7521771/Ten-bargain-cars-tipped-future-classics.html
Posted By: respace

Re: Future classics.......... - 02/10/2019 18:28

5/5 rating for a future classic, alongside is piece suggesting the government is bringing forward it's date for scraping all diesels and petrol vehicles, how much will they be worth then?
Mind you it's the Mail.....
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Future classics.......... - 04/10/2019 16:27

Hope there is a way to go yet 38.4million petrol cars on UK roads currently and 54K electric.

I don't see petrol vehicle's becoming obselete for some time...looking at the comments made by some appearing under the article reinforces my view of the readership that the Daily Mail caters for curse

"The Fiat Coupe is like a Ferrari especially in red. It uses the engine from a Lancia Delta Integrale (6 times World Rally Championship winner) and the 20v Turbo is 0-62mph in 6.3sec. However as this engine was not designed for this engine bay it means an expensive 1k GBP engine out service every 60k miles to change the timing belt!"
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Future classics.......... - 07/10/2019 13:00

I've had three from this list - Puma, MGF and of course the coupe so obviously have impeccable taste laugh. Some real moronic comments though - err how could you say the coupe is 'generic' grr But c'mon - the Audi A2 on the list - really confused
Posted By: KevinW

Re: Future classics.......... - 13/01/2020 12:39

Still got 2 on the list - Fiat Coupe 43K 20 V Turbo
Ford Puma Black 1.7 130K VGC

The Puma actually handles better than the Fiat and has a much smaller turning circle. Fiat much better for cruising and smoother on good roads (but suspension seems to bottom out more easily on bad roads)
Posted By: Punto16VT

Re: Future classics.......... - 15/01/2020 03:27

I have two-ish from their list (my Alfa 159 Ti is a saloon), plus what I consider a worthy candidate, my Abarth Grande Punto EsseEsse, a vastly underrated car in all the hoopla about the Abarth/Fiat 500.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK