Fiat Coupe Club UK

Great Video Review - Future Classics

Posted By: KevinW

Great Video Review - Future Classics - 20/11/2020 09:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx48BF2MZ48
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 20/11/2020 12:41

Enjoyed watching this, relaxed and pretty fair resumé.

A couple of surprises though - "a cambelt and water pump change will set you back a couple of hundred pounds or so" shocked

LE's and Plus's will fetch between £18k and £20k shocked
Posted By: KevinW

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 23/11/2020 13:51

My sentiments exactly. I assume he was just talking about the 16V (non aircon) but still a bargain! Don't think I have seen any 20K Coupes out there either, maybe 13K at most.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 25/11/2020 23:42

Not sure electric windows and mirrors were "extras." crazy

His low and mid values seem about right but agree that the top end prices are a big steep.

Having said that, good low mileage coupes in VGC (and I mean no rust anywhere) are very rare now.

So let's hope those values are realised once day!

Not a bad video and glad to see a 16v featured for a change. thumb

Posted By: Submariner

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 01/12/2020 14:47

Without the circa £10-15K refurb I doubt there are any rust free examples left at all....all good on the outside but so much is lurking hidden slowly eating away; even the 'Queens' have succombed.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 02/12/2020 21:22

Yep.... Tell me about it. I've done lots of welding since lockdown and mine was in fairly good condition before....
Posted By: jaaps2

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 04/12/2020 09:42

Originally Posted by Submariner
Without the circa £10-15K refurb I doubt there are any rust free examples left at all....all good on the outside but so much is lurking hidden slowly eating away; even the 'Queens' have succombed.

That's why the really good one should be £20k.

I have the idea the coupes rust more in the UK then in The Netherlands. While both countries are rainy and near the sea.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 04/12/2020 21:41

Sadly, I can vouch for having spent now £20k plus on my own 20VT, due significantly to having to tackle the dreaded hidden rust!
Hopefully, we can all get another 20 years plus out of the restored Coupes, whereupon we will really appreciate our later-day analog CB engines, even if EVs will leave them for dust?
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 07/03/2021 17:35

Agreed - enjoyed watching a good, balanced review thumb

Didn't realise that the original colours were based on European racing colours so you learn something every day smile Yellow? Belgium - the country which took the race circuit by storm - NOT rolleyes laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 08/03/2021 19:05

Jacky Ickx? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacky_Ickx

We could play 'name a famous Belgian' here... the first two that spring to mind are fictional smile

Neil
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 08/03/2021 20:17

Oor pal Hercules...

Ooh, isn't TinTin a Belgie?

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 09/03/2021 13:41

I knew after I posted some smart Alec would be out to prove me wrong. Of course how could I've forgotten that household name Jacky Ickx crazy

But before I eat my humble frites with mayo Neil, I reckon I can confidently declare the Belgian motoring sport cabinet is now empty laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 10/03/2021 09:16

C'mon - Belgium is the home of Spa Francochamps... sufficient unto and of itself. laugh

Re: Great Video Review - Future Classics - 10/03/2021 11:30

Ok ok - better start peeling the spuds laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK