Fiat Coupe Club UK

Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar!

Posted By: Anonymous

Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 21/03/2009 09:22

Malcolm Steward's blog.
Good stuff!
He should be in this forum somewhere idea
Posted By: Tommy_Coop23

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 23/03/2009 13:14

What a fantastic, positive write up, love the way he spoke to the aa chap smile
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 24/03/2009 00:12

nice write up!

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 24/03/2009 06:34

Great write up.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 24/03/2009 08:02

"even if its unforgiving stiff suspension and chassis do rattle one’s teeth loose"

rofl

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 24/03/2009 08:10

good blog smile

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 08/06/2009 22:56

Link didnt work for me, thry this, its at the bottom

http://www.malcolmsteward.co.uk/?s=coupe

Quote:
I found that until I’d used the brakes 20 or 30 times each trip I might just as well have tried to stop by waving a fag packet out of the window and relying on the resultant aerodynamic disruption to arrest my progress.

lol funny guy
Posted By: bockers

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 09/06/2009 14:40

Agree, great bloke, as mentioned in the Blog he joined up at Brooklands and was very chatty. He has registered on the forum too.

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 10/06/2009 06:31

Yeah he seamed a very nice bloke had a quick chat with him as I was queueing up to go up the hill.
Posted By: Sean_C

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 15/06/2009 22:42

Malcolm Steward wrote for the magazine "Audiophile" during the 80/90s I seem to remember.

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 17/06/2009 20:59

Yeah, that was me. Now I've found something that is just as much fun as high-end audio - low end supercars!
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 22/06/2009 21:39

Welcome to the forum, Malcolm.

I trust you've checked the oil?

Neil
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 23/06/2009 20:45

Nice blog Malcolm. Welcome to the forum.

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 03/07/2009 16:42

Have I checked the oil? Is checking it on a daily basis sufficiently regular?

I have definitely acquired coupe paranoia. However, I have finally learned not to sit watching the red light and the falling needle on my oil pressure gauge when the engine is hot and idling: it's been telling me that I have no oil pressure for nearly six months and nothing untoward has happened yet so I guess the sender is about as reliable as the rest of the car's electronics!

At least the water temp gauge seems to work: It usefully signalled max the other day just as steam began pouring from under the bonnet. The car appears not to like warm weather (strange for an Italian) and standing at traffic lights for any length of time. Thankfully, it boiled over 50 yards away from a garage with a plentiful supply of H2O.

As I re-filled it I wondered why I didn't drive a more reliable modern car. Then my wife's three-year-old Toyota Yaris blew its water pump and when she went to collect it from the garage after having that replaced, and becoming £200 lighter, she found she couldn't start the engine. Blown head gasket: £620 parts and labour. That is Japanese reliability from an engine another mechanic once told me was "bombproof".

So, the current state of play seems to be Japan 0, Italy 1. Not the result I would have predicted last week!

The Mrs is currently driving a courtesy car, a turd-coloured Nissan Note. What a soul-less hunk of plastic that is. So make that Japan 0, Italy 2!
Posted By: Sean_C

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 05/07/2009 02:22

Malcolm, do you still write for any hi-fi magazines?

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 05/07/2009 22:56

Yes, I write for Hi-Fi Critic and Hi-fi Choice in the UK, and I've just started writing for Hi-Fi Plus. Frankly, though, it's no way to make a decent living nowadays because with a few notable exceptions the business isn't in the finest of health. I still very much enjoy being involved with it, nonetheless.

Re: Turbo Fiat Coupe Trounces 4-litre Jaguar! - 16/07/2009 19:42

Sorry to hear about the coupe. Hope it's something fairly cheap to repair!.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK