Fiat Coupe Club UK

Clutch Pedal Problem

Posted By: Anonymous

Clutch Pedal Problem - 05/07/2011 09:17

Hi Guys,

Something is wrong with my clutch or clutch pedal at the moment and wondered if anyone could identify what may be wrong.
When I press the clutch pedal down I can feel the pedal (not the car) kind of juddering and it makes a strange sound, kind of a rubbing noise, like rubber on rubber sound (Hard to describe). But it only happens occasionally.
Gear changes are still fine and smooth when changing with and without the fault. The clutch doesn't appear to be slipping, but I have also noticed that when pulling away in 1st I am getting a bit of judder from the whole car, and this also happens only occasionally with and without the pedal fault.

Clutch was changed by power fiat about a year and a half ago and we changed the clutch slave cylinder about 6 months ago.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Paul
Posted By: JonH

Re: Clutch Pedal Problem - 05/07/2011 09:28

Is this with the engine running?, whats the noise situation with the engine off and you press the pedal down, all smooth?.

Re: Clutch Pedal Problem - 05/07/2011 10:25

Occurs both when engine is running whilst driving and when the car is turned off. On way home from work yesterday it was doing it all the way home, got home and when I turned the car off the pedal was still resisting.
Then I went out about a hour later and pushed the clutch down when starting the car and the pedal resisted, but around 5 minutes later whilst driving, it had gone away again and was behaving normally.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Clutch Pedal Problem - 05/07/2011 10:44

Master cylinder seals could be on their way out?

Re: Clutch Pedal Problem - 23/04/2019 20:18

Hi,
Did you get to the bottom of this problem only i'm having the same issue?
Regards,
Andrew
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Clutch Pedal Problem - 23/04/2019 20:26

Originally Posted by Ajkilbon
Hi,
Did you get to the bottom of this problem only i'm having the same issue?
Regards,
Andrew

As barnacle says, probably master seals, common occurrence now.

Symptoms:
Slave - pedal little by little sinks to the floor as it loses fluid, then stays there
Master - every so often, esp. idling, waiting at lights or in traffic, the pedal sinks to the floor slowly, but you can lift it back up and it will hold pressure. This can happen ad infinitum.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK