Fiat Coupe Club UK

Injector symbol on.

Posted By: magooagain

Injector symbol on. - 12/07/2018 10:45

Started up my 20vt yesterday and all was well. I moved it about a few times during the morning with no issues.

While I had the bonnet up and the engine running I was blowing the dust out of the engine bay with my airline gun,the engine blipped a bit.

This morning after some brake pad cleaning etc I went to start it and it fired up and died straight after reaching cold temp revs. Tried another couple of time and just the same.
I unpluged the Maf and it ticked over fine but with injector light on constant.

I have now cleaned the Maf and the icv.
The car is running fine now but with the injector light on constant.

How can I get the light off and why is it on still?

I have disconnects the battery for some time but still the same.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Injector symbol on. - 12/07/2018 11:07

Disconnecting the battery will reset the error code in the ECU, so if the light is coming on then the problem is still present and is immediately re-activating the injector light. Best to get the error code read to find the exact source of the problem.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Injector symbol on. - 12/07/2018 11:08

Have you got the ability to get the codes read?

Light shows when injector dies / electrical fault I believe. I wonder if you have nudged/dislodged something while using the air gun-can't be coincidence?

Codes may point the way if there is no obvious wiring issue.

Bad luck if its not connected to your being in the engine bay at the time...coupe's don't like being mended!

Regards

MM

Re: Injector symbol on. - 12/07/2018 11:09

Darn Graham beat me to it as I was typing :-)

Re: Injector symbol on. - 12/07/2018 11:26

Ok I thought I would run the engine up to temps. While I was doing that I gave the Maf plug a wiggle and it stalled the engine.
I had this some time ago and re taped up the plug after cleaning and checking.
Anyway I restarted the car and continued to run it up to temps,minutes later I got interrupted by a neighbour and had to switch the engine off.

5 mins later I've started it and the injector light blipped off and then back on, then it went off completely.

Everything back to normal!

Re: Injector symbol on. - 12/07/2018 11:50

Originally Posted By magooagain

Everything back to normal!

Good news - it clearly needs some electrical repair/renewing of the connector to make sure its back to 100%!

Glad you found the culprit!

MM

Re: Injector symbol on. - 12/07/2018 12:09

Thanks for the quick replies fella's .

Hopefully ok for a track day tomorrow .
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK