Fiat Coupe Club UK

Abs light still on.

Posted By: Anonymous

Abs light still on. - 03/08/2018 15:22

Hey. I have 16vt with abs light on. The 10 a fuse is okey, but i can not take a blinktest. Does that mean that the abs unit is dead?
When i earth nr 1 in abs 3 pin contact nothing happens.

Best regards
Jugra
Norway
Posted By: Possum

Re: Abs light still on. - 04/08/2018 06:28

Many years ago, had my abs light on then found both stop lights were blown.

Replaced both bulbs and the abs light went out; a cheap fix.

Re: Abs light still on. - 04/08/2018 06:45

Yes, i know that can be a problem, but both bulbs is working.I guess the brake light swich is good too, since its working.

Re: Abs light still on. - 04/08/2018 08:06

Could be the earth strap is loose or corroded, check the one near the ABS ECU at the strut top mount.

Re: Abs light still on. - 04/08/2018 17:15

I cant see any earth strap close to abs ecu or strut top mount. Its a small earth strap close to the airfilterbox, its look fine. I have a LHD car but it will be the same i guess.I would like to find the earth to the abs,i think that can be the problem for sure.

Re: Abs light still on. - 04/08/2018 18:02

Maybe it's different on 16v or LHD, but on the RHD 20v it's right here in the middle of pic:

click to enlarge
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Abs light still on. - 04/08/2018 18:11

On my early 20vt I hada similar thing and found a separate 10A fuse behind the dashboard close to the CODE box that had blown, causing ABS light to come on and nothing for blink test. Replaced the fuse and all was OK - is that the 10A fuse that you checked or did you mean one in the main fuse box?

Re: Abs light still on. - 04/08/2018 19:42

GrahamL thanks for picture, i dont have that one on my 16vt , it must be another place on my car.

DaveG: i have a 10A fuse togheter with 4 other fuses and some relays on the left side on my dashboard. The red 10A fuse are for the ABS i belive.

Re: Abs light still on. - 08/08/2018 14:28

Found out today that the 3 pin contact i belive was for ABS only has 2 cords for number 2 and 3. Number 1 is blank, no cord.
Is it no possibility to take a blinktest on the early cars? 94 mod turbo.
Its only 2 3pin-plugs under the hood, for ecu og abs?
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Abs light still on. - 08/08/2018 20:38

Is the three-pole connector near the ABS pump, Jugra?

Can you post a picture, to show the context of where the connector is?

Re: Abs light still on. - 09/08/2018 19:01

Dante giacosa: i only find 2 three-pole connectors. 1 connector on the rigth, far from abs, its pluged and i belive its for engine ecu. The other is around the abs,laying on the leftside of abs.But that three-pole connector has only 2 cords going into it. Number 1 is emty, thats the one you earth to start the blinkcode.

Sorry, did not manage to upload picture.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK