Fiat Coupe Club UK

Ta technix suspensions

Posted By: carmine

Ta technix suspensions - 12/08/2018 21:14

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if anyone knows or has installed these adjustable suspension of Ta Tecnix, they are very cheap I hope they are not bad, someone could explain how to install them?What I would like to know is: do you have to remove the rubber top mount bearing? And attach it directly to the top mount plates?
Posted By: Reiner

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 08/09/2018 16:10

Itīs only for 2,0 16vt wink

Cheers
Reiner (from Germany too wink )

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 08/09/2018 20:21

Too late, I've already installed it.
Anyway I asked the company, ta technix, and they replied that it's OK for the 20VT.
The corresponding axle load,
Even the numbers in the booklet are ok.
They seem to work well until now, I'll wait until Tuesday for the tire to make me converge and then we'll see how fast it works, I'll let you know.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 08/09/2018 20:24

Be interesting too see how you get on, keep us posted.

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 08/09/2018 23:23

here are some photos,
and here's what we get on ebay.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
https://www.ebay.de/itm/TA-Technix-Gewin...A-/221589756358
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
https://www.ebay.de/itm/202398070557
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 09/09/2018 21:06

How does the car sit?

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 10/09/2018 07:23

Good.
you can adjust how you like it.
The steering has become much lighter, and the kickbacks have waned a lot.
Consider that I had mounted the Monroe + hoermann and the car was as hard as wood, especially with the 17-inch wheels.
Now you're much better.
I will wait for tomorrow to adjust the tire convergence and then I will do some tests on the highway.

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 10/09/2018 07:26

Please can you confirm that you have seen the photos?
I do not know if I entered correctly.
If today I take some pictures of the car's profile to see the height of the shock absorbers.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 10/09/2018 08:04

Photos all visible for me.

Where are these manufactured?

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 10/09/2018 12:30

I created an account on photobucket, and I was afraid it would not work.
Here are more photos of how the coupe sits with the new suspension.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 16/09/2018 19:51

Hello to all.
I wanted to give some information about the suspensions.
Today I had the chance to try the car on the highway about 240 km.
the car behaves very well, even on the curves.
Obviously it's not a high-end asset, but it does its job well.
For those wishing to install it, I warn you that this is a pretty tough setup, especially for those who switch from an original to this.
Another thing, if you install it, I highly recommend to grease all the moving parts that are in contact with each other, to avoid hearing noises when turning from a stationary position.
thank you.

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 29/09/2019 23:29

Hello.
I wanted to insert this update.
For those who would like to install the tatecnix coilovers I highly recommend replacing the top mounts with those of the bravo (46469709) since they are much softer with more rubber than the originals.
Place some photos in which it is possible to replace the top mounts without completely disconnecting the suspension but pushing the shock absorber down with a screwdriver and quickly insert the new top mount. Simply after completely loosening the spring.
So you won't need to make a convergence to the wheels again.
Start by lifting the machine from one side in front and secure it.
To disassemble the wheel is to spray wd40 on the thread of the shock absorber.
Then remove the springs with the appropriate keys (do not forget to make a measurement of the adjustment).
Once the springs are completely loosened, remove the upper nut of the shock absorber. I used this technique with a combination of keys to hold the stem in place.
Then dismantle the three pins that hold the top mount.
Now is the best part, with a fairly sturdy screwdriver, press the stem down as hard as possible, holding the top mount with one hand from below, then you will have to be quick, remove the screwdriver and pull the top mount in before the rod comes back up.
Repeat the operation, press the stem and insert the new top mount.
Reassemble everything is tightening the springs. (remember to set the old measure but about 2 cm lower, for example, I had 8 cm from the spring plates until the thread start, now I have to set and 6 cm because with the new top mounts you would find yourself with the car higher than 2 cm .
This guide is only suitable for those who have already mounted these types of coilovers and must replace top mounts.

Thanks.

Used googlefoto.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9ztguqQhJsaU6ZFx6

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 29/09/2019 23:41

I also recommend buying the caps of these top mounts, to avoid altering the properties of the rubber but I couldn't find anything on the internet.
Is there anyone who has any ideas?
(46448103)
N°8.
Thanks

Attached picture Screenshot_20190930-013912_Chrome_Beta.png
Posted By: RusH

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 30/09/2019 07:29

How harsh is the drive on the road?

I know you get what you pay for - but the price difference between the more 'reputable' brands is quite steep.

Did the Bravo top mounts make a big difference to the ride?

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 30/09/2019 08:33

I've never tried brands like kw / fk / bc so I can't tell the difference.
Surely you don't pay 400/600 euros more for nothing.
The car is tough but I drove for a have with original coupe mounts, wheels 235 / 40r17 + 40mm spacers pro axle. I felt the holes too much on the road.
the bravo supports have made the difference, no more dry repercussions.
Of course the car is tough but it is also glued to the road for what is my personal experience.
Consider that in winter I remount the original 16 coupe wheels and it seems to me to be on the velvet of course and a sensation caused by the guide with the original domes.
Finally I can say that for the price it is not so bad.
Defect found in 1 year.
1 dust covers too soft and deform but nothing extreme.
2 a bit of noise coming from the coils of the springs (I advised to grease the movable parts but I think it is better not to do it to avoid accumulation of dirt)
Grease only the upper shock absorber bearing.
Posted By: RusH

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 30/09/2019 11:03

Thanks for the reply.

Top Mounts look to be a good addition.
Posted By: Edgar

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 06/04/2023 16:52

Do coilovers TA technix EVOGWFI05 fit to the 20VT model? The TAtechnix info center replied for me, that it is only fit for the 16VT model. They told that 20VT model have another front axle struts.
Carmine, i see that you have mentioned that it is worth replacing the upper mounting from fiat bravo. Do their mounting points match?
Does this change fix the problem TA technix is talking about?

Re: Ta technix suspensions - 06/04/2023 18:47

Hi
I had these suspensions both in combination with the original top mounts and they fit perfectly.
Then I opted for the Fiat Bravo top mounts because they were mostly made of rubber and absorbed shocks much better.
with the Bravo top mounts, however, the situation is a bit different, when I installed them I inserted them directly like this, however, I noticed that the upper part of the ta technix does not fit as well as with the original top mount, the coilover bearing will work the same but it's not an approved combination anyway.

I got this idea from the Kw coilovers.

technix is ​​a very very hard suspension especially for me that I had in combination 235 40 17.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK