Fiat Coupe Club UK

Electric scheme

Posted By: carmine

Electric scheme - 06/09/2018 19:48

Hello.
I ask for information about the electric scheme of the coupe, in particular the connections to install a central locking module, (opening / closing doors)
(opening / closing the window)
(flashing direction indicators)
Can someone help me?
Thank you all.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Electric scheme - 07/09/2018 17:40

There's a copy of the manual here: http://italiancarsclub.free.fr/Centre-Documents-Techniques/fiat/fiat%20coupe/ courtesy of the French owner's club.

There's a higher-resolution copy available to members of the FCCUK.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Electric scheme - 08/09/2018 09:40

If you have the Meta alarm you can hook up most of that using the Meta loom at the light blue connector next to fuse box.

As mentioned in this old thread, quite easy to make a custom loom to plug a new remote locking box into that light blue connector:

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1473193&page=1

Some of the pic links are gone so I'll copy them here:

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Re: Electric scheme - 08/09/2018 20:25

Thank you very much.
I'll try to reason on it.
I'll let you know.

Re: Electric scheme - 10/09/2018 12:37

hi grahamL, can you take away a doubt?
the light blue connector, exists on all coupe models?
Surely I have to look for it better because even now I can not find it.
thank you all.

Re: Electric scheme - 10/09/2018 12:59

It should be there if you have the Meta alarm system. It was there on both my coupes, one a February '98 and one an April '99 both with Meta alarms. I'm not sure if it's there on the earlier 96/97 models with the Scorpion alarm system, or on non-UK spec cars.

Re: Electric scheme - 10/09/2018 14:14

No I do not think I have the meta alarm.
I think it will be very painful to be able to install withdrawing the cables from several parts.
Thanks Graham
Any help / guidance is welcome.
Thank you.

Re: Electric scheme - 10/09/2018 15:13

If you have any alarm installed at the moment then you could trace where that connects to the main loom. Even if it's a Scorpion or some 3rd party system it would still be useful to see where it connects as the required lines will all be there.

If you have no alarm and that blue connector isn't part of the loom then probably the best place to hook up for remote locking would be at the control unit under the driver's seat (as that handles windows/locks) and at the indicators relay in dash end panel, or maybe at the back of the fuse box.

Re: Electric scheme - 22/09/2018 17:34

Hi, I ask for help with an electrical connection.
I managed to install the central locking, taking the two wires (blue white) from the ecu box under the seat and everything works.
But I need to connect the direction indicators, so I ask if there is a chance to use the red emergency light switch connector, can someone tell me which wire to connect to?
The unit I purchased has two wires to connect to the indicators on the +, 1 right and 1 on the left.
I had planned to join the two wires and connect them behind the emergency light switch.
It might work?
On the wiring diagram that is provided by the forum I could not get out of it, many nights spent in front of the computer.
Thank you

Re: Electric scheme - 24/09/2018 16:58

The brown/black wire goes from the hazards switch to the indicators relay (single wire activation of both sides)... not sure if it should go low or high though.

Re: Electric scheme - 26/09/2018 20:20

Thanks grahaml,
I had found the black / brown in the scheme but it did not work.
But I wanted to inform you that I was able to complete the work by taking the wires from the indicators, directly from the steering wheel, from the blue / black wire (red connector)
And blue wire (green connector) now everything works perfectly.
I wanted to thank the whole forum, and in particular you, grahaml, for the help you gave me, I do not think I could ever make it without the forum.
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU.

Re: Electric scheme - 24/12/2018 14:57

Hi everyone,
I added some photos of the work I performed, for a coupe without the (meta-alarm) is a hard work, but thanks to you I succeeded.
I wish a Merry Christmas to all users of the forum.
thank you.
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK