Fiat Coupe Club UK

Central locking

Posted By: 8569jas

Central locking - 23/02/2019 14:18

Hi all,central locking not working,push the button on fob and indicators do there thing but that’s it.Wont even lock doing it straight into the lock it’s self.Any help on this would be gratefully received....Thanks in advance
Posted By: carmine

Re: Central locking - 23/02/2019 14:34

I think it's a problem of the alarm control unit (maybe a scorpion?).
Sorry but the translation does not allow me to understand clearly,
When you close with the key, the other door also closes.
If it does not close, it could be the control unit that controls the closure under the seat, and a black box under a black cover.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Central locking - 23/02/2019 16:55

If the key in the lock from outside locks and unlocks both doors, the problem is most likely in the alarm. If it doesn't (usually showing up as locking and then immediately unlocking, but sometimes as nothing happening) then it's likely the switches in the lock.

The dash button should lock but not unlock the doors from within, but you need a helper outside to check them.

If the remote is doing the indicator dance it's probably arming the alarm; could be a wiring fault or black box under the seat, but most likely a dodgy door lock - but you should check also that the boot light is properly turning off (look through the ski hatch) though that would normally bounce the locks on and off.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Central locking - 28/03/2019 09:06

Originally Posted by barnacle
If the key in the lock from outside locks and unlocks both doors, the problem is most likely in the alarm. If it doesn't (usually showing up as locking and then immediately unlocking, but sometimes as nothing happening) then it's likely the switches in the lock.

The dash button should lock but not unlock the doors from within, but you need a helper outside to check them.

If the remote is doing the indicator dance it's probably arming the alarm; could be a wiring fault or black box under the seat, but most likely a dodgy door lock - but you should check also that the boot light is properly turning off (look through the ski hatch) though that would normally bounce the locks on and off.

When I lock the drivers side door with the key immediately it's unlocking again, locking the doors on the passenger side it's not a problem.
What do I need to do to fix this problem, as far as I know, there is no alarm on the car.
Ps what is a "scorpion"?
thx guys
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Central locking - 28/03/2019 15:54

The "Scorpion" is the make of the alarm.

As Barnacle says it may be the switches in the lock.

Or, if you've already checked the boot switch, try a sequence of locking/unlocking each door in turn to try and correct the fault. Also squirt some lubricant (WD40) into the locks.

Sometimes the lock barrel itself becomes so encrusted with grease and dirt it doesn't respond properly.

Have a read of this howto if you want to investigate this further...
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Central locking - 29/03/2019 19:23

Make sure both driver's door and passenger's door are unlocked and try locking with the key. Mine immediately unlocks again if passenger door is already locked.
Posted By: djmobi

Re: Central locking - 07/04/2019 10:25

Just found the thread below..... I did a search and it came up with nothing??

Gonna try WD40
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK