Fiat Coupe Club UK

Pogoing passenger seat

Posted By: respace

Pogoing passenger seat - 17/03/2019 16:22

This is quite amusing unless you are the passenger, is it a failure for something to locate? I know I had it on the 16vt but can't remember the fix.
Posted By: 386ka

Re: Pogoing passenger seat - 18/03/2019 13:55

Is only the backrest wobbly, or the underside also? If it's the underside, then it could be down to loose seat rails (easy to fix). But, if it's the backrest only, then I have no idea.
My backrests are also a bit wobbly, but I haven't stripped them down to see what's happening or if it is even possible to repair them.
Posted By: respace

Re: Pogoing passenger seat - 18/03/2019 14:42

The whole seat shoots forward or backward dependent on whether you are braking or accelerating, it must be something not locating in the rails but can't see it. It only happens occasionally.
Posted By: 386ka

Re: Pogoing passenger seat - 18/03/2019 14:46

How do you know that it is not the rails? I am guessing that the screws fixing the rails to the underside of the seat are loose. To remedy it, you need to remove the whole seat, which is not hard to do.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Pogoing passenger seat - 18/03/2019 19:23

A common fault is that a small carriage on one of the rails doesn't lock in position, It happened on my 16vt but didn't look into a complete remedy - however, fully pushing the seat back or forward (can't remember!) usually re-engages the carriage.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK