Fiat Coupe Club UK

coupe not starting

Posted By: danle24

coupe not starting - 06/05/2019 21:33

Hi, help needed, this is going to be hard to explain as I have tried to work out whats wrong but it seems to be doing lots of strange things so sorry in advance if I seem to babble. anyway ill try to explain.

The problem started last year when I jumped in and tried to start it and there was nothing at all happening when I pushed the start button{its an LE}, all lights on no code no problems, battery was also new, i then found a relay burnt out but the relay was not on the std coupe wiring diagram it almost seemed an after thought strapped on at the front of the battery tray, anyway replaced that then she was away although I wasn't totally happy as that relay was constantly energized which I didn't think was right even with ign off.

I then changed cambelt and did a few routine jobs then went out for about 60 miles no problems got home and when I went to put away it wouldn't start again, although this time that relay was ok there just was no power to it, although when trying to diagnose the problem the power kept coming and going although not enough to turn over although it did try, just some clatter from starter motor but not turning over.

I think now's the time to get her going again ready for summer and ive gone to have a look and no power again to that relay although a solenoid is now buzzing away on the end of the fuel inj rail when ignition is on, i really don't know where to go from here. Wondered if anyone had any ideas or if someone knew any electrical wiz near Melton Mowbray that does mobile work as car won't move, it does live in a garage on a two post ramp so no crawling around on the floor.

Thanks for reading this far and sorry again for not being very specific, cheers Dan.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: coupe not starting - 06/05/2019 22:07

Dan you have a PM
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK