Fiat Coupe Club UK

20v turbo no fuel or spark

Posted By: Anonymous

20v turbo no fuel or spark - 01/07/2019 14:34

Hi I know this is a common issue with these models but mine seems to be slightly unique. I havnt used the car for nearly 18 months as I took it off the road to sort a lot of issues with it inc doing the cambelt on it. It wasn't meant to be off the road as long as it has but life got in the way and I finally wanted to get it back on the road.

So around Christmas this year I finally got round to doing timing belt and after doing it i found it wouldnt start.to be fair I never tried it before the start of the job. Found that the fuel pump wouldnt kick in and no spark. There was only 3 volts at fuel pump. I put the cam sensor hack chip in and presto had spark but still no fuel. Checked all common issus and there has been no joy I have changed all relay on the car with new ones still joy.

In the end I Manuelyou fired the fuel pump up with a battery and it start and ran. So I stripped timing belt all back off and changed the cam sensor to find the it was my fault somehow I bent the pick up on pulley and it broke the new sensor I had put in😠.

I put old sensor back on to try it and again wouldn't start. No fuel so powered it up with battery and bang fired up. So I spent hours wiring a new direct feed with new relay and ignition live to bypass original system fuel pump now works a treat but still wouldnt fire so checked spark again and now has no spark again as well as injectors not firing. There is 7 volts at in injectors. I pulled rail with in injectors to see ifull theyou are spraying and there is nothing.

Im not the best with electrics so I'm coming to the end of my knowledge and skill. I even put cam sensor hack chip back in and still no spark. Sorry for long thread but I wanted to try and explain the fault as best as I can I am newly self employed so funds are limited at the moment but I wanted to see if any of you knowledgeable guys on here would have a clue as to what is going on before I either get a auto electrician out or set fire to it

(I've spaced your post out to make it easier to read smile )

Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: 20v turbo no fuel or spark - 01/07/2019 19:30

The first issue I would flag is you have now bypassed the fuel cut off circuit which could be dangerous should you be involved in an accident, I'd resolve the reason it won't run the fuel pump on the OE wiring, which is probably just a burnt out YCOD.
As for the cam phase issue if your new one was broken due to the pick up ring being bent when you tightened the bolt I'd buy another new sensor as it feels like the old one has failed which isn't allowing you to restart the car.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK