Fiat Coupe Club UK

control unit fiat coupe 1.8

Posted By: Anonymous

control unit fiat coupe 1.8 - 18/07/2019 12:13

Good time, in advance I apologize for spelling ,I write through the translator. The situation is as follows, I have a Fiat coupe 1.8 16v , at the gas station muffled and more it is not wound up. On the dashboard ,the code icon is lit, the starter turns , but the gasoline is not supplied. Diagnosticians said that there was a desynchronization with the immobilizer and the brain , you need to either flash the control unit ,or put a set of Immo with keys ,a unit from one machine. I found only one kit on sale ,but it's from Fiat barchetta 1.8. Tell me whether this kit will fit on my car .
Fiat barchetta 1.8 -
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Control unit Fiat coupe 1.8-
click to enlarge

can who knows how to flash this unit on immo off? Thanks in advance)))

Attached picture 66df8bae448886f4397affcb028f.jpg
Attached picture 572a4d6148a28fb138e3a84a6d6e.jpg
Attached picture ddda0d0b487c8a3957ff739e8b72.jpg
Posted By: G_Man

Re: control unit fiat coupe 1.8 - 19/07/2019 11:29

Hi there - is there a thriving Fiat Coupe Club in Russia?

Perhaps the link below might help? A question about a 1.8 immobiliser problem from Romania:

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1367019

How about 1.8 Brava / Bravo units?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: control unit fiat coupe 1.8 - 19/07/2019 17:14

The only Fiat document I have for the Hitachi ECU is dated 1998.

It seems that the Coupe, Barchetta, and Lancia Dedra and Lybra shared the same ECU with the same ISO code. It's also used in the MK1 Bravo, Brava, and Marea but with a different ISO code.

That would suggest that the same ECU *should* work in all four, *but* they all have different design codes and Hitachi codes. That probably refers to different internal code, most likely different maps, so your engine may no longer meet emissions requirements. That said, the Hitachi and design codes on neither of your ECUs match the document, so they're almost certainly newer.

Note that this is based purely on the documentation, *not* on practical experience.

Neil

Attached picture fiat 1.8 doc.png

Re: control unit fiat coupe 1.8 - 20/07/2019 16:24

Ordered from Poland , they'll be here in a couple of weeks. Put unsubscribe))

Re: control unit fiat coupe 1.8 - 20/07/2019 16:34

If the immobiliser code box is a separate unit like it is on the 16v and 20v coupes then first thing to try would be pulling out and re-connecting the plugs to that unit. That's a known issue on the 20v coupe, where the immobiliser stops recognising the keys and it's just a bad connection, pulling out the 2 plugs and re-inserting them at the yellow code box (in dash above fuse box) sometimes fixes it. It can also be that the code box has crashed, often due to low battery voltage, so disconnecting the battery completely to reset everything and then re-charging it before re-connecting can sometimes fix that problem too.

The code box can also become corrupted due to low voltage, resulting in the key data not being recognised... sometimes only 1 or 2 of the stored key numbers are corrupted though, so try all available keys that you have as 1 of them may still be recognised OK and allow the engine to start.

Re: control unit fiat coupe 1.8 - 12/08/2019 13:47

set brains and immobilizer from barchetta and lo and behold! it started up and even drives)))) The engine runs smoothly, thank you all for your help))))
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK