Fiat Coupe Club UK

Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start

Posted By: Forfoot30

Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start - 23/07/2019 17:26

Evening all

So driving on a test run last night (been having boost issues) drove up the road but intercooler pipe drivers side blew off with a loud bang the ran rough instantly so rolled into a side road reconnected the pipe turnt the car off accidently set the immobilizer back on so done the restart process (fob to sensor the lights flash 5 times) went to start and it wouldn't just cranks so done the usual checks and pressed the inersha switch and it clicked to my surprise tried to start and still no joy I can smell fuel so I've got fuel but I have no spark at all and ideas
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start - 24/07/2019 09:24

First thing I would do is disconnect the battery for a few mins.

Re: Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start - 24/07/2019 14:25

Thanks for replying I have done this left the battery disconnected over night just a my multi metre on it and I'm getting no power to the coil packs
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start - 24/07/2019 18:08

Mmm sounds like an earthing problem at first thoughts,but you have been down near the fuel cut off so I would have a look down there and check any connectors etc. The big yellow one gets old and brittle and when moved sometimes breaks connection.
If it's failed remove and solder wires together.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start - 24/07/2019 18:27

Is injector light coming on, going off and staying off during cranking?
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start - 25/07/2019 06:53

Have you got the kit to read the ecu codes?

Re: Intercooler pipe popped off now won't start - 02/08/2019 17:44

Thanks for the help guys found the issue to be a coil pack wire had broken further down then I had already checked
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK