Fiat Coupe Club UK

Problems with heating and blower system

Posted By: Heatseeker

Problems with heating and blower system - 02/08/2019 08:28

After turning the ignition on even with the center knob in the zero position After about 30 seconds and a bit of clicking behind the center console the blower heater starts and won,t go off.My model is a 20v na with climate control. I ve taken the console out disconnected all the connectors even the one behind the center fan speed knob and it still stays on!!! The one thing ive noticed is the little fan doesn t spin (is it supposed to as soon as you turn the ignition on). I changed the resistor but no difference. Anyone got any ideas please
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 02/08/2019 16:08

You might find this howto useful (in the FAQ and How-to section)

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 02/08/2019 18:07

thats brilliant i will have a go at that ..but i just don t understand why the fan blows even with that center switch disconnected ..but i ll get there . Thankyou for the reply and help..Regards Rob

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 04/08/2019 09:59

Still comes on 30 secs after the ignition is turned on ???
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 04/08/2019 11:43

Sometimes the ECU that controls the heating/ventilation can "go bad" and malfunction, trying another known good ECU from another Coupe can help identify it that's the problem. When you said you "changed the resistor" what do you mean? The large resistor that sits underneath the glove box next to the blower fan? Was it a correct new part, tested used part, or what? The little fan can fail, again try a known good one if you can get hold of one.

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 04/08/2019 13:01

the resistor was from a supplier Ant ..the ecu and the minifan units are difficult to find. The blower even comes on with the 20amp fuse pulled out
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 04/08/2019 13:22

It's a long shot, but when the fan next comes on try stuffing your hand up the back of the radio (careful not to cut yourself on the sharp edges of the frame) and wiggling the main wiring loom a bit - sometimes the sheathing frays and exposes bare wires....

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 04/08/2019 13:42

I will do that now ...cheers

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 04/08/2019 17:16

no progress so its find the ecu and little fan and do the substitution method

Re: Problems with heating and blower system - 07/08/2019 16:26

Update today got a fan and circuit board fan works great but no improvement so its the mini B837 magnetti Maralli
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK