Fiat Coupe Club UK

LE Coupe Pumps picture,help

Posted By: robertjock

LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 28/08/2019 08:21

Hi just rebuilding my LE coupe,would anyone have a picture off how both the washer pumps fit in the washer bottle,looked at a standard turbo coupe the weekend but it had only one pump fitted,a view off placement and how water hoses connect,fit would be great thanks,every picture i tryed online has that area off engine bay obscured .

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 31/08/2019 07:40

NO info i guess,ok will figure it out myself.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 31/08/2019 08:44

There is normally only 1 pump fitted unless the car has headlight washers which were not an option on UK cars.
If it does, one pump feeds the headlamp washers, the other pump the windscreen and rear window washers.

The pump simply pushes into a rubber seal in the reservoir
Posted By: Rob40

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 31/08/2019 09:38

The larger of the two pumps, light washers, sits nearer the engine and uses the corresponding larger diameter tube.
The smaller pump has two tubes, one for the front screen and one for the rear.
They are not interchangeable as they're different sizes and from memory, only the windscreen washer uses a filter.

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 31/08/2019 12:07

AHH Brilliant thanks Rob40 ,thats really helpfull,i had stripped down the car for rebuild over 6 months ago,and it was the one area i had not taken a picture off.
Thank you,much appreciated
Posted By: barnacle

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 31/08/2019 15:49

What might get you is that the original pump spins forwards or backwards depending which port the water is expected to exit. Many of the aftermarket replacements spin the other way, which means you have to get creative with the pipe routing.

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 31/08/2019 17:52

To be honest i forgot my headlights had washers,had headlights stored in a different shed,its why when assembling engine bay,could not figure out why i had 2 pumps ,and only tubing for 1 pump,other tubing was with headlights,i had 2 original pumps from stock stored away,so hopefully i can get it sorted now with the help i got here.
Thanks
Posted By: barnacle

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 01/09/2019 08:19

Helpful hint: before you fit the pumps back to the reservoir, spin them up on a battery to make sure they work!

Re: LE Coupe Pumps picture,help - 01/09/2019 21:51

Will do,thanks barnacle
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK