Fiat Coupe Club UK

Abs rear sensors.

Posted By: Anonymous

Abs rear sensors. - 17/11/2019 19:15

Fiat coupe turbo 16v.
The abs light is on. When i start, the engine light goes on and turn of like normal. When i drive away the light comes on again.
With all wheels off the ground i can spinn the front wheels and the abs light stays off. When i spinn both rear wheels, the abs light comes on. So i guess both rear sensors is broken. Is it possible to buy new rear sensors?? I have looked all over internet, but can not find new ones.

Best regards

Jugra
Norway
Posted By: MIB

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 18/11/2019 10:51

According to the Bosch parts catalogue the 16vt and 20vt use the same sensor.
I find this catalogue extermely useful https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en/vehicle-search
I had a quick look for the part, and I too could not find any in stock! You may have to find a second hand one...

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 18/11/2019 15:10

Thanks, very good site. Its same part as Lancia and some Alfa Romeo.
I belive its very hard to find them second hand, you have to destroy them to get them out.
I guess a lot of 16v owners will need them in the future.

Anyone else know a shop to buy them?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 18/11/2019 15:31

You could try Countrycruising at FCSS on here.

Or JBT at Midland Car Services, East Midlands
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 18/11/2019 16:52

I bought a set last year from Autodoc , although they seem only to have sensors for the front axles in stock at the moment.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 18/11/2019 18:17

Yes, i order a lot of parts from Autodoc, but they have only sensor for the front end.i have not found sensors for the rear axles.Trying to find other cars with same sensor, but not easy.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 19/11/2019 20:04

Okey ,did a blink test today.

Got nr 47 :RH rear sensor not connected

Got nr 55 : Faulty ecu(abs)

I need a new sensor at the back, but not sure if faulty ecu code(55) will show up if the sensors are faulty??

Rear sensor wanted, somone know where to buy?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 19/11/2019 20:36

Originally Posted by jugra

Rear sensor wanted, somone know where to buy?

There are a couple of possibilities in my post a few above this?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 19/11/2019 21:29

Yes, thanks Edinburgh. I did send a e-mail to FCSS just now.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 15/01/2020 20:03

Still looking for abs sensor for the rear.
Is it possible to modify a front sensor and use it at the rear wheels??
Posted By: 386ka

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 15/01/2020 20:13

Have you tried troubleshooting the connection of the rear right hand ABS sensor? As far as I remember, they connect under the rear seats, inside the cabin. Try cleaning the connector, and measuring the resistance of the sensor itself to see if it's open circuit or not.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/05/2020 16:49

Still looking for abs sensor for the rear. It is not possible to get new one i think. Has somone any idea for a alternative?? Its not possible to use front sensor for the rear?
Posted By: 386ka

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/05/2020 17:24

I'm not sure if the 20v and 16v rear sensors are the same? If that's the case, is there an interest to make a group buy for them, so someone can remanifacture them?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/05/2020 20:16

I am not sure if they are the same. Part number for 16v is Bosch 0265006197. The 20v has a newer Bosch system, but belive blink code is the same. I guess moore people will need sensors in the future.
Posted By: jaaps2

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/05/2020 20:27

Bosch remanufactures if the order quantity is high enough. I am willing to participate in a group buy to get some spares. My guess is whe will have to order at least 50 sets, possibly more.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 26/05/2020 08:13

Still looking for abs sensor for the rear. It is not possible to get new one i think. Has somone any idea for a alternative?? Its not possible to use front sensor for the rear?

I stock second hand if it helps.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 26/05/2020 13:25

Countrycruising, i will very much bye second hand if you have some to sell. Just tell me how i can contact you.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 26/05/2020 13:28

Countrycruising, i will very much bye second hand if you have some to sell. Just tell me how i can contact you.

Drop me an email to:

f_c_s_s@hotmail.com

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 26/05/2020 13:35

You have that shop? I did send you a mail on sunday. From jgranholt@gmail.com Did you get it?

I did send you a new mail now. Maybe its in the junkbox if you dont get it?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 26/05/2020 14:35

Nothing new so I've sent you an email.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 21/06/2020 19:57

I did get a used abs sensor for the rear, thank you Countrycruising! I still have fault code nr.55- bad ecu. Do i need a new ecu or can it be another cause? Somone had same problem?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 22/06/2020 07:45

Have you tried an abs blink test?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 22/06/2020 13:34

Yes , i did after i put in the new sensor rear right. I did get nr 55 Ecu and a new nr 45 left rear sensor. Both rear sensor has resistans 1,6 ohm, i belive they work. I open the big contact on the ecu, it looks fine. The fuse to ecu is fine. When i start the car the abs light turn on and off as normal. When i start to drive it come on again. I did drive the car out and back in the garage. Not for a long trip. Do i have to do that maybe?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 22/06/2020 13:41

It took some time before i got the resistance on the left side, maybe its on the way out.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 22/06/2020 19:00

Drive it more then just in and out the garage and measure the Ohms again, I did have a similar issue once with a member on here called Stan who changed what he thought was a failed sensor, turned out the code was wrong so it was showing wrong side.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 22/06/2020 19:19

Okey, thank you. I will drive it for a longer trip to see whats going on. I hope you have moore sensors for sale smile
I did check the wheelbearings too, i did not find any movment.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 23/06/2020 18:03

I have plenty of sensors and Abs spares, let's hope its not the module brain.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 24/06/2020 18:51

Took a longer trip today. After the trip i find the rear right sensor to be 1.6 ohm and the left one to be 1.2 ohm. That is the same as both front sensors, 1.2 ohm.

Today the blink test showed 3 codes:

Nr 55 Falty Ecu
Nr 56 i did not find this code
Nr 45 Lh rear sensor not connected.

Do you think the module brain is gone Countrycruising?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/06/2020 12:33

I think at this point we have to assume the brain is faulty, we could be getting false codes, what is the ohms readings on all sensors?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/06/2020 14:31

3 sensor is giving me 1.2 ohms. The two in the front, and the left in the rear. The right in the rear is giving me 1.6 ohm. I suspect that the brain is faulty. Is it posible the swap only the electronic on the 16v too?

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/06/2020 14:40

3 sensor is giving me 1.2 ohms. The two in the front, and the left in the rear. The right in the rear is giving me 1.6 ohm. I suspect that the brain is faulty. Is it posible the swap only the electronic on the 16v too?

I would have thought so yes, but to be sure I'll check and let you know.

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 25/06/2020 14:42

Thank you very much!

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 02/07/2020 13:59

Finally, the abs is working again!! I needed a new abs unit. You can very easy take of the new electronic to put on the old unit.Its a 45min job. Do you have a lot of codes on the blinktest, and all 4 sensor is good. You may need a new abs-brain. wink

Re: Abs rear sensors. - 02/07/2020 17:38

Great news thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK