Fiat Coupe Club UK

The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps

Posted By: Pawcio

The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps - 17/11/2019 20:57

There is a problem with the suspension in the rear when it is loaded or on the couch passenger is driving.any greater unevenness or release thresholds, on the road and can be heard from the rear suspension loud metallic sound of rubbing, friction.the suspension was all listed except for springs.so I have replaced everything and have no idea what it is so rubbing against and makes such sounds.it happens only when there is a passenger or cargo in the trunk.has anyone met in his car with such a phenomenon-?
I replaced, telescopes, a set of all metal and rubber cushions on the control arm, control arm bearings, rubber spring cushions, etc. Maybe a spring, maybe a rear beam stabilizer-? You can also hear it when the car is in a corner. I set up a topic because I don't know if there is a topic on the forum describing such a problem with the rear suspension.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps - 17/11/2019 22:52

Wheel bearing?

Re: The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps - 18/11/2019 15:02

wheel bearings do not hum. This sound is such a rasp, sharp creak, rubbing metal against metal. Also when the car pushes into a bend. This only happens when the rear of the car is under load, e.g. there is a passenger or trunk loaded heavily. things that were not mentioned there are springs and a stabilizer. Wheel bearings were also not replaced because I do not suspect - not the sound or sound.
Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Re: The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps - 18/11/2019 18:08

I had two rear wheel bearings on coupes that presented symptoms in a very odd way indeed - not at all like the hum or groan that you'd normally hear. I had a bad vibration amongst other knocky noises.

Re: The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps - 20/11/2019 17:31

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Wheel bearing?

Do you think there is a high probability that these sounds, noise are a matter of wheel bearings? The hub with the bearing has not been replaced yet, so maybe the bearing is no longer lubricated. Therefore, this noise may also be different under the load of the rear seat seat from this known typical bearing damage.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps - 20/11/2019 17:39

In my experience of 4 (four) bearings (all Birth) going in succession, it was always the noisy hum/drone which gave it away, which is how I've always recognised it to be honest

Re: The back of a car squeaky creaky rasps - 28/11/2019 19:09

Look, maybe this cover is the cause of this creak and noise. I took a photo from below. How should it be-? Is the cover incorrectly placed and therefore rubs under load.

Attached picture 091020183032.jpg
Attached picture 091020183039.jpg
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK