Fiat Coupe Club UK

CV boot 20VT

Posted By: Grigio

CV boot 20VT - 16/12/2019 10:01

I'm in need of a RH inner CV boot. Any good sources would be appreciated, as would any brands to avoid. I've got 3 weeks off work, so I've got time to knock over a few annoying tasks.
Posted By: Possum

Re: CV boot 20VT - 16/12/2019 10:35

I usually use Steve at Alternative Autos in Yorkshire, The service is always good and parts arrive "Downunder" in about 1 week. I have had both "inners" and "outers" supplied by Steve in the past .

FYI, Volvo 850 has the same "outers" as I used one in my early years of Coupe ownership. Probably purchased through Repco.

Should you need his contact details, I can email them to you. I always order by email and then phone with credit card details before I go to bed at night. The time difference can have its advantages!

Re: CV boot 20VT - 16/12/2019 22:43

Originally Posted by Possum
I usually use Steve at Alternative Autos in Yorkshire

Thanks Graeme, he had one listed on Ebay, so I've bought it.
Posted By: 8198cthomas

Re: CV boot 20VT - 20/12/2019 00:14

I get my cv boots from here
https://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk

Re: CV boot 20VT - 27/11/2021 04:54

I've dragged up an old thread, but it's relevant. I removed the undertray this morning and the RH inner cv boot is split all the way around, again. It hasn't lasted 2 years. As they're not available in Oz shipping takes a while and isn't cheap. To get a bit of longevity I'd happily pay more for a brand that will last a while. Are there any that people have a preference for, or is it all hit and miss?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: CV boot 20VT - 27/11/2021 08:38

Alternative Autos should have what you need, Steve has an ebay shop

here

Re: CV boot 20VT - 28/11/2021 05:32

I've found an Alfa mob in Sydney that may be a source, I've emailed them, so we'll see. They list these in stock.
I think I've cross referenced correctly and they'll suit a 20VT.
Posted By: Boosted7

Re: CV boot 20VT - 29/11/2021 05:56

I previously purchased inner cv boots from Steve at Alternative Autos, had them here in Brisbane within about 10 days. The kit was only about £10 plus shipping from memory.

But let me know if the mob in Sydney can source them locally - always interested in finding suppliers over here!
Posted By: avtokrator

Re: CV boot 20VT - 29/11/2021 21:17

Was about to put a new theme on inner/outer CV joints and boots, as I found myself in similar situation month ago. The typical online suppliers don't list any available, or at abusive prices, while the same cv joints are shared across many models/brands. After receiving wrong ones with the involved mess of later returning them, had to investigate a bit. It seems the parts manufacturers own catalogs don't reflect the complete and true information.
Don't have the complete list in hand, but just as starting point try SKF VKJA8005.

P.S. These are, for example, the same for all MB Vito mk.I and when you search for Vito the situation is just the same. Unthinkable for MB parts as everybody who knows the market knows. But then they list the skf part, and cheap, without any indication for which brands/models is adequate.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK