Fiat Coupe Club UK

widget

Posted By: jimboy

widget - 23/12/2019 18:45

Any one on here with a Barnacle widget? My widget turns on but it continually says reinstating com! Any one technical minded & have a fix? Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: widget - 23/12/2019 18:57

Sounds like it can't connect to the ECU. Maybe it was unplugged while your coupe was being worked on? Is it plugged in at the socket in front of the washer bottle?

Re: widget - 23/12/2019 19:41

Yes Graham it is.

Re: widget - 24/12/2019 11:59

Maybe try disconnecting it and plugging in again (with ignition off) to reset it, or disconnecting battery for a minute to reset everything. If still no luck try a PM to Barnacle.

Re: widget - 24/12/2019 12:32

Aye Graham, I've PM Neil firstly but he must be away. Car is tucked up in my garage, will try later on disconnecting. Thanks.

Re: widget - 24/12/2019 12:57

There's nothing about it in the FAQ :

https://www.nailed-barnacle.co.uk/coupe/FAQ.pdf

Does it connect at first when switching on ignition then lose the connection, or does it not connect at all?

Re: widget - 24/12/2019 13:37

I looked at that. On start up the lines are there, then it reads reinstating com all the time after that.

Re: widget - 24/12/2019 14:17

If it's plugged in OK at the engine side then maybe it's the connection at the board end inside the dash that's dodgy? Or maybe it's not looking for the correct ECU type, does it actually say it's looking for a 20v turbo on startup?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: widget - 25/12/2019 18:09

I've replied to the email.

1) check that all four wires are connected at the connector block
2) ensure that the shorting link is present on the pins next to the connector (20v/vt only, not for 16v)
3) check it's plugged into the right socket!

(It should be showing an image of the 20vt coupe when it powers up; can't be set to 16v since that doesn't do the connection dance. The processor in the 20v/vt ECU is thick as a brick and can barely chew gum and walk at the same time; it won't connect at all above 2000rpm)

Neil

Re: widget - 12/01/2020 10:40

Haven't looked at my Coop since I got it home due to family circumstances. I have now had a hip operation & it didn't go as well as I hoped it would pain wise. My Coop is safely parked up in my garage & I'll probably not be driving it for some considerable time. �(
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: widget - 13/01/2020 10:38

Originally Posted by jimboy
Haven't looked at my Coop since I got it home due to family circumstances. I have now had a hip operation & it didn't go as well as I hoped it would pain wise. My Coop is safely parked up in my garage & I'll probably not be driving it for some considerable time. �(

Sorry to read you've been uncomfortable after your operation Jim, I hope you recover soon.

Re: widget - 13/01/2020 12:51

Aye Joe! bloody sore to say the least. My first hip operation was a different kind & was far easier to manage, I have a dodgy knee to contend with on this new hip. Never thought it would be a walk in the park, but never thought it would be this sore. Stitches out tomorrow, that'll be a day out. One thing that I've found helpful, prior to the operation I lost weight & improved my upper strength. It's a bit of a leveler, I have a strong family round me & my house is pretty much geared up to handle my situation. I feel for the single men in my situation who have little or no help/back up at all.

I feel this is going to be a long process & also envisage frustration along the way...... rage
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: widget - 13/01/2020 17:35

Well take it easy and don't rush, you got yourself fit for the operation which was awesome, now it's the mental recovery which is just as important as the physical.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: widget - 13/01/2020 20:08

Get well soon Jimboy,thinking of you mate.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: widget - 14/01/2020 18:44

Look after yourself, Jim!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK