Fiat Coupe Club UK

Help with Interior

Posted By: njm

Help with Interior - 04/01/2020 02:06

Hi, I'm a newbie Coupe owner - my car has nothing covering the myriad of electrics in the driver and passenger footwells (the potentially missing bits are above where your feet go, obviously). Does anyone have a couple of pictures of a complete pair of Coupe footwells they could send? Various people are breaking Coupes on ebay at the moment, so if I knew what I was asking for...

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Neil

Re: Help with Interior - 04/01/2020 02:20

Should have said: Standard 20VT, 1998
Posted By: LeKiffre

Re: Help with Interior - 05/01/2020 20:55

I thought mine was missing something on the driver’s side compared with my last one too. However, I’m not sure if there was actually anything fitted, I’ve had several cars since as it was around ten years ago and my memory is not that great!

I’ll post a couple of pics (of mine) tomorrow, in case it helps.
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Help with Interior - 06/01/2020 04:27

There was nothing fitted above the footwells. I suspect that the wiring on yours was fettled with in the past and not tidied up...hence why it looks exposed/messy?

Re: Help with Interior - 06/01/2020 11:34

Thanks, that would be a big help, as there seems to be some doubt as to whether there was anything fitted at all!
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Help with Interior - 06/01/2020 11:43

Nope, nothing fitted originally to cover the wires above your feet, and nothing needed either since all the wiring should be tucked up out of the way. But the later Plus models had the side carpet extensions to cover the (radio, airbag) wiring under the centre console.

Re: Help with Interior - 06/01/2020 17:13

Originally Posted by DaveG
Nope, nothing fitted originally to cover the wires above your feet, and nothing needed either since all the wiring should be tucked up out of the way. But the later Plus models had the side carpet extensions to cover the (radio, airbag) wiring under the centre console.

Thanks for that - I can stop looking for parts that don't exist, then! :-)
Posted By: respace

Re: Help with Interior - 06/01/2020 17:51

Originally Posted by njm

Thanks for that - I can stop looking for parts that don't exist, then! :-)

You'll have plenty of time looking for actual parts that don't exist so don't worry!
Posted By: LeKiffre

Re: Help with Interior - 06/01/2020 19:27

Thanks DaveG, I had a feeling that was the case but couldn’t remember (I’ll not bother posting pics now smile ) Do you know if it was only the Plus or did the LE also have these?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK