Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rear Trim Card Refurb?

Posted By: Mark_D

Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 30/05/2018 06:52

My rear trim cards are cracked in places and a previous owner has probably yanked them a bit hard and put a crack about 1 1/2” in one of them. I know you can get these DIY leather/vinyl repair kits, but has anyone had theirs repaired or successfully repaired theirs?

I am sick of contacting so called experts in trim repairs just to be told they can’t do it.

I live in Portsmouth, so if anyone knows anyone in the south that they can recommend, I’d really appreciate it
Posted By: X19_pilot

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 30/05/2018 09:00

I would think you would be better getting some good second hand replacements. The time, effort and cost of the DIY kits (and making a good job), will probably be more than the cost of replacements, unless of course the interiors are only sold complete.

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 30/05/2018 12:50

That’s my plan B. I was just wondering if a refurb was a possible undertaking. Thanks for your reply
Posted By: kev_megadon

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 30/05/2018 13:22

I have the same issue, so keen to know how you get on with this.

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 30/05/2018 14:41

I’ll try and keep you posted. I’ve done a few bits so far with not bad results, just don’t want to start doing the leather interior until I get the rear cards sorted. Seems a bit daft having to start pulling seats away again until the cards are done
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 31/05/2018 08:11

Hey Mark,

what colour are your rear three quarter cards?

I did an interior swop out, a few years back for tan leather & interior cards, and have a complete black set of interior cards left over.

If you'd like the rears, perhaps we could come to an arrangement..?
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 01/06/2018 05:52

Nice to hear of another local Coupe thumb

I’ve not done a refurb, but is very possible. If you still have your rear speakers you have the issue of piercing the material for the sound to not get muffled.

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 01/06/2018 08:03

really?

Maybe I have later cards- there wasn't any material in mine...

However; good point; they're not exactly 'acoustically transparent' are they!

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 01/06/2018 17:31

Originally Posted By Gunzi

I’ve not done a refurb, but is very possible. If you still have your rear speakers you have the issue of piercing the material for the sound to not get muffled.

I suspect I have missed the point, for some reason I thought the discussion was (re)covering the rear cards as opposed to repairing them.

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 01/06/2018 22:23

Oh!

Do you mean, literally; laying a fabric covering over them..?

I see what you mean now!

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the tentacle myself..?!

Apologies...

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 07/06/2018 15:38

Hi Dante, really sorry for the late reply. I’m in Turkey at the mo, and the internet is not exactly great. I’m really interested in the rear cards and if they’re still up for grabs just name me a price and I’ll more than likely relieve you of them my friend.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 07/06/2018 15:45

I suspect I have missed the point, for some reason I thought the discussion was (re)covering the rear cards as opposed to repairing them.

Hi Gunzi, yes, I’m local to you. I have spoken to you a fair while back when I had my Rossi Red 20VT. I sold it to another user for spares as the big end went on it. I then got a Sprint Blue 20VT, but the rear cards are scuffed and cracked and the black damage shows on the black finish.

Just going through the process of tidying up the overall appearance. The bits I’ve done I’m quite happy have come up well.

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 07/06/2018 15:48

P.s, just noticed your club members numbers show up on the posts but mine aren’t showing. - am I being a bit dense, or won’t mine show on my own system?

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 08/06/2018 10:01

Hey Mark

PM sent back, matey...

Re: Rear Trim Card Refurb? - 09/06/2018 06:22

Originally Posted By Mark_D

Hi Gunzi, yes, I’m local to you. I have spoken to you a fair while back when I had my Rossi Red 20VT. I sold it to another user for spares as the big end went on it. I then got a Sprint Blue 20VT, but the rear cards are scuffed and cracked and the black damage shows on the black finish.

Just going through the process of tidying up the overall appearance. The bits I’ve done I’m quite happy have come up well.

I remember now!

It's very satisfying doing a general refresh, more so when it's your own work thumb

Originally Posted By Mark_D
P.s, just noticed your club members numbers show up on the posts but mine aren’t showing. - am I being a bit dense, or won’t mine show on my own system?

I'll take a look and PM you back.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK