Fiat Coupe Club UK

Radiator

Posted By: Lee_k

Radiator - 30/12/2018 10:16

Hi all,

In need of a new rad (no leaks but it looks very old and droopy!!)

This isnt as easy as it sounds.... no where seems to sell them.

Theres the direnza ones on ebay for about £180 (in black) but i read there bigger than the original? - Do they fit a standard car without needing modification?

Other than that the only original ones i can find are £210+ - i did a search and found a post where it was said they were £109 for a standard unit...am i looking in the wrong place or has stock dried up so they've doubled the price??

Lee
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Radiator - 30/12/2018 14:30

Did you try Alternative Autos?
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Radiator - 30/12/2018 14:58

I've not got a Direnza one but do have a ProAlloy one, which is deeper/thicker but the same height & width. There should be no problem fitting it, but I did find it a tight fit with a larger than standard GT2860R turbo. It's made much easier if you remove and replace from below, removing the radiator support bar (which is worth removing anyway to tackle the inevitable rust). Be careful when buying to get the correct turbo or non-turbo version (the difference is the small inlet pipe to takes the coolant from the turbo oulet).

Re: Radiator - 31/12/2018 11:09

Is the direnza the same?

I looked for Alternativeautos online but only old looking websites comes up with no catalog? - I looked on ebay but no rads popped up?

Lee
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Radiator - 31/12/2018 12:36

Joe Country cruising is the man to talk to on here Lee.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Radiator - 02/01/2019 09:12

Lee presently there aren't any new Valeo rads about and I would certainly steer clear of buying anything second hand.
The Direnza are ok, I've fitted quite a few now and without any issues, they have stock at the moment so if you need one buy it as they sell out quickly and take 3-4 months to restock.

Re: Radiator - 02/01/2019 11:09

Thanks Joe, I'll do just that now
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Radiator - 02/01/2019 11:47

https://www.oscaro.com/radiateur-du-moteur-fiat-coupe-px-2-0-i-20v-turbo-220cv-470-19548-0-gt

Here are some in France.The Valeo is cheap enough.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Radiator - 02/01/2019 11:55

Mon dieu, pour Valeo c'est un très bon prix! Mais la photo est dans le mauvais sens, n'est-ce pas?click to enlarge
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Radiator - 02/01/2019 14:07

I've used these with no major issues. My Fiat is still fine 5 years and my van has one.

Cheap as chips too.

https://www.adrad.co.uk/car-radiator/catalogue.php?manu=FIAT&model=COUPE
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK