Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coolant bottle

Posted By: Lee_k

Coolant bottle - 03/01/2019 13:28

Hi all,

Sure I've seen some coupes with new looking coolant bottles. Are these still availible anywhere?

Thanks
Lee
Posted By: adam16vt

Re: Coolant bottle - 03/01/2019 13:55

I don't believe believ so

They are easy to clean up though, I've used hot water and macaroni before, just shake and shake and shake. Just remember to remove all the macaroni before you refit smile
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Coolant bottle - 03/01/2019 23:23

I bought one recently, Vaico V24-0293, but it was not correct, despite the listing confirming it as supposedly correct. It is still listed by various eBay sellers and GSF for example (from whom I bought it for about half what it says now, but got a full refund), but it is not correct. At the time I bought it, AutoDoc and their various "clone" sites also said it was correct, and all of the sites showed a fairly poor quality picture that made me think it was correct, and I thought it was worth a punt in case it did fit.

click to enlarge click to enlarge

AutoDoc now show a Triclo one instead, still with a fairly poor picture, but it may still be a similar non-fitting version. Some web sites say it will fit, others say it won't. If the price is low enough and you can get a refund without wasting any (or too much) money, then again it may be worth a punt...

There's a better pic of the Triclo one here: eBay what do you think? It could also be a case of "Honey I shrunk the coolant reservoir" rolleyes laugh If you can get the seller to confirm dimensions and provide better pictures you may get lucky...if so, do share it with us!

Although cleaning the old tanks will help, the plastic goes yellow with age...
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Coolant bottle - 04/01/2019 06:47

That tank is for the Alfa 145, 147, 156..It is quite common to see them being 'retrofitted' to the coupe if no other options exist..although the mounting points are not exactly the same.
Posted By: Lee_k

Re: Coolant bottle - 06/01/2019 07:22

Yeah i think that Triclo one looks the same as the other one you brought. The shape is different - ah this is a pain smile
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Coolant bottle - 06/01/2019 16:37

The trouble is, the coolant reservoir is unique to the Coupe, and both 16v/t and 20v/t are just as rare it seems frown Bleach and similar products can help to reduce the yellowing.
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: Coolant bottle - 24/01/2019 17:55

Bicarbonate of soda and pea gravel with warm water shaken not stirred sorts it.
Posted By: Clintos

Re: Coolant bottle - 25/01/2019 12:25

Hot water, steradent, bleach and rice. Shake, soak and rinse, repeat two or three times and will look like new again
Posted By: Clintos

Re: Coolant bottle - 25/01/2019 12:28

Before
click to enlarge

After
click to enlarge

(fixed thumbnails for you Clint smile )
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Coolant bottle - 25/01/2019 12:52

Originally Posted By Clintos
Hot water, steradent, bleach and rice. Shake, soak and rinse, repeat two or three times and will look like new again

It was getting all the abrasive cr4p back out of the inaccessible compartments which was the biggest pain for me rolleyes
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK