Fiat Coupe Club UK

Repairing seat upholstry

Posted By: Gripped

Repairing seat upholstry - 04/01/2019 09:41

My Coupe has fabric seats and the driver's side bolster is threadbare in one place. Just wondering how easy it is to replace or repair the seat fabric? Was thinking of getting a used seat and swapping, but is there a better way?

Cheers

thumb
Posted By: Alan_K

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 04/01/2019 14:45

Yes I think swapping out would be just as quick as getting fixed
And most people look for leather seats in my experience so you should be able to source one
Of course driving seat is always the one with the most wear in them for obvious reasons

Unless of course you get one off a back seat driver!

Hey at least I find my own jokes funny hehe
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 04/01/2019 16:17

What year VIS is yours Toby as the design on the cloth differs on the late models?

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 04/01/2019 18:52

Mine is a 1999, W reg. Yes the pattern is different to my 1997 NA.

Cheers for the input thus far.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 07/01/2019 07:54

In the next couple of weeks I need to sort through and thin out the interior collection I'v accumulated over the past 10 years, I know I have some late VIS chairs so I'll give you a shout Toby.
Posted By: HiraethHuw

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 07/01/2019 08:29

Originally Posted By Countrycruising
In the next couple of weeks I need to sort through and thin out the interior collection I'v accumulated over the past 10 years, I know I have some late VIS chairs so I'll give you a shout Toby.

Might they be the chairs from my old Vis?
I swapped them for leather,and Samsite I think it was had the cloth set off me, then he swapped them with you, Joe?

The Alfa has been sold, I drove it too quickly.
Now have a £160 Citroen Pluriel as a daily and a Mgtf on blocks as the next project.
Hope all is well with you, Toby n Joe smile

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 07/01/2019 11:22

Originally Posted By HiraethHuw
Originally Posted By Countrycruising

Might they be the chairs from my old Vis?
I swapped them for leather,and Samsite I think it was had the cloth set off me, then he swapped them with you, Joe?

The Alfa has been sold, I drove it too quickly.
Now have a £160 Citroen Pluriel as a daily and a Mgtf on blocks as the next project.
Hope all is well with you, Toby n Joe smile

Thanks Joe. Keep me posted. The other seats look fine, so if the drivers is in good fettle, I'll grab it.

Sorry to hear the Alfa has gone Huw. I'm still keen to own a Busso at some point.... But I've been tempted by a 360Z recently... 90% of the sound, with Nissan reliability. Apparently they are good on fuel for a 3.5 L V6 too.

Hope you're good.

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 17/07/2022 22:42

Finally got my seat bolster repaired by Sew-Good in Cardiff. They also replaced worn foam so I can no longer feel springs in my bum. cool

I scavenged fabric from a used interior that I got from eBay. Pleased with the result.

Attached picture IMG_20220717_233506~3.jpg
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: Repairing seat upholstry - 18/07/2022 04:45

That’s a nice job Toby. It was really annoying when I had the same problem.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK