Fiat Coupe Club UK

Brembo Refurb

Posted By: Blue20vt

Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 09:46

Hi

Can anyone recommend a company or someone who can fully rebuild/refurbish my calipers?

UK based.

Thanks
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 10:11

Bigg Red.. They did a first rate job of my X1/9 calipers.

http://www.biggred.co.uk/
Posted By: andyps

Re: Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 11:18

Mine are currently with BCS Automotive, quoted quite a lot less than Bigg Red but not got them back yet to comment on quality or repair. They seem to have good reviews though. https://www.bcs-automotive.co.uk/fiat-coupe-brembo-brake-caliper-refurbishment/
Posted By: Blue20vt

Re: Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 12:02

Hi Andy

I was quoted £412.50 by BCS for a rebuild including paint?

Does that sound right?

Thanks
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 12:41

You have to be careful and check what's included, especially new seals, many of these places claim to only use Brembo parts at a *significantly* higher cost than aftermarket, but even allowing for that £412.50 seems expensive to me. Also bear in mind that some places will separate the two halves of each caliper claiming that's the only way it can be done, other places will say it's completely unneccesary.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 16:04

I got a discount from BCS but they started at somewhere over £400 I think. Quote from Bigg Red was about £550 I think. Mine apparently also need pistons so am waiting for the additional price for those.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 17:01

Originally Posted by andyps
£550

That's insane, I paid about that much for a new set back when they were still available from Fiat!
Posted By: williamsdad

Re: Brembo Refurb - 25/03/2019 17:19

Bigg Red did my rears but they told me they couldn't quote for Brembos. I had a quote for £450 from 'pro-calipers' but the quote only included 'fluid and dust seals' as an extra and like a lot of these places it wasnt clear what the main 'refurb' charge covered ... what if you have a stripped thread that needs sleeving for example. The last time I asked Joe at FCSS (which was sept time last year) he could do them for reasonable money and he strips them before they go off so you don't get any nasty surprises.
Posted By: robertjock

Re: Brembo Refurb - 26/03/2019 08:54

i just refurbed my own brembo callipers, cost 120 sterling,replaced all seals,pistons bleed nipples,2 day job,if you strip paint down to bare metal completely then just mask,etch primer,leave overnight sand down,then spray paint in a 2pk paint they come out perfect,ok im an ex panel beater,but there really not that hard to do,and the pleasure is not just saving money but knowing you done it yourself,plenty off sites on youtube showing how its done,
just a thought, robert.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Brembo Refurb - 01/04/2019 15:53

Did I see Joe at FCSS offering replacement fully refurbed front AND rear calipers for under £400? Or around that mark. Also choice of two colours. I mention that as it seemed ok value to my mind.

MM
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Brembo Refurb - 01/04/2019 15:56

Hmmm,

Big Red are recommending lucas calipers for the front on there website!!!!.

Not for me I am afraid I like my Brembo's.

MM
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK