Fiat Coupe Club UK

LE rebuild front subframe

Posted By: robertjock

LE rebuild front subframe - 12/04/2019 08:30

Dropped front subframe the other day,have to say was not in bad condition,but to preserve car for future,stripped to bare metal,etched primered,left over night,sanded then 2 pack primered,then as i had it in stock already,base coated black and 2k laquered,i know not to all tastes as original just matt primered finish,but its the look im going for underneath on my LE.
Done same to anti-roll bar,so just waiting for new bushes,and then fitting back together with brand new original fiat bolts.,
Back subframe ,axle in primer,sadly my mate that was fitting new poly bushes decided he was going to fall over in his garage and break his ankle,so slight delay,get better soon Brian,plenty more on rebuild to keep me going,engine gearbox coming down this weekend.
picked up some nice parts this week,found guy in ireland that had an ex english blue coupe turbo sitting in his field,he had her stripped and all parts stored away,got myself a spare garret turbo,front intercooler,2 front shocks complete,brand new still packaged stainless steel de-cat,it still amazes me what some people have stored away in old sheds.

JOCK

Attached picture Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
Attached picture Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
Posted By: Gripped

Re: LE rebuild front subframe - 13/04/2019 18:40

Very tidy. I daren't look underneath mine.....
Posted By: robertjock

Re: LE rebuild front subframe - 14/04/2019 10:07

thanks gripped,to be honest was expecting worse underneath,only bad rust spot was in boot floor where they fitted that silly drainage piece,going to just weld it solid,i think what saved my car was that it had not been driven in ten years,so got non that new caustic snow removing grit sprayed underneath her.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK