Fiat Coupe Club UK

Creaking paranoia?

Posted By: respace

Creaking paranoia? - 12/08/2019 15:46

Occasional creaking sound appears to be coming from behind my right shoulder, suspension springs? Though seems to do it whether it is moving or not. Car has had a lot of work done on it recently and wondering if a loose exhaust clamp or similar?
Posted By: clanger

Re: Creaking paranoia? - 12/08/2019 16:47

I had to drop the turbo slightly to change the exhaust manifold and at the same time changed all the engine mounts recently. Afterwards I noticed that I was scraping the exhaust on speed bumps etc. and low and behold found it had dropped because of a worn out rubber centered metal exhaust mount tucked up awkwardly around the rear gear box mount. I fabricated a new nylon center from 36 mm bar and all now good. I suspect this mount takes a lot of wear, worth a check as I imagine it is easily forgotten.
Posted By: respace

Re: Creaking paranoia? - 12/08/2019 19:34

Thanks I'll check it out, I recently changed to leather seats and had a squeaky noise over my left shoulder but this was the grab strap fouling on the seat, this time it's more metallic.
Posted By: Pawcio

Re: Creaking paranoia? - 13/10/2020 21:18

I met the topic personally because it was the same problem. I was looking for the reasons for a year, replacing almost the entire rear suspension and the problem was trivial because the old worn spring and rubber. I replaced the whole set and the problem disappeared. So remember to check the springs.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK