Fiat Coupe Club UK

Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo?

Posted By: 386ka

Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 27/12/2019 16:11

Hello, I am looking for a replacement TPS for 16v Turbo. The non-turbo version also has the same TPS as far as I know, but the original ones don't seem to be readily available now, and those that are available, are ridiculously cheap. Is there any direct replacement for this TPS?
Alternatively, will using 20v TPS work (I think the manuals say the wiring is different, so I would have to rewire the connector).

Thanks!
Posted By: jaaps2

Re: Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 27/12/2019 16:45

Did you check this one?

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/vemo/2294165

Re: Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 27/12/2019 19:22

No, I haven't seen that one, thanks. But, I'm almost certain that if it works for 20VT, then it would not work straight in a 16VT.
Posted By: Grigio

Re: Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 27/12/2019 21:47

I've got a NOS TPS from an 8v Croma turbo in the shed, don't know if it's compatible.

Re: Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 28/12/2019 15:42

I don't think it's the same, both use different ECU's. But, maybe if you have the part number, we can check it?
Posted By: ucoupia

Re: Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 29/12/2019 21:03

I bought a new tps (genuine weber pf09 in 2009 for mt 16vt. Fitted it to the car, drove around the workshop yard a couple of times and then put it in the workshop awaiting restoration where it has been ever since. I still have original invoice. Sometime after that i came across a nos complete throttle body so i would be willing to remove the one fitted to the car. I also have a used throttle body complete with tps bought as working but has not been checked. If interested or for any further questions perhaps you could message me. Thanks.
Posted By: Grigio

Re: Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 29/12/2019 22:00

Originally Posted by 386ka
I don't think it's the same, both use different ECU's. But, maybe if you have the part number, we can check it?

Found it last night. Bosch 0280120323

Re: Replacement TPS for 16v Turbo? - 30/12/2019 13:50

Originally Posted by ucoupia
I bought a new tps (genuine weber pf09 in 2009 for mt 16vt. Fitted it to the car, drove around the workshop yard a couple of times and then put it in the workshop awaiting restoration where it has been ever since. I still have original invoice. Sometime after that i came across a nos complete throttle body so i would be willing to remove the one fitted to the car. I also have a used throttle body complete with tps bought as working but has not been checked. If interested or for any further questions perhaps you could message me. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Grigio
Originally Posted by 386ka

Found it last night. Bosch 0280120323

Thank you both!
I fiddled this morning with the TPS, although I was convinced that it was bad. On ignition, the voltage was a bit under 0.2v, and I managed to adjust it to 0.25v. There is no light on the dash anymore, and the car seems to be more responsive now.
Hopefully it is fixed now just by adjusting, but I will monitor if it lights up the engine light again.

All the best.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK