Fiat Coupe Club UK

Headlining - any ideas?

Posted By: barnacle

Headlining - any ideas? - 11/01/2020 18:41

Softly and silently in the night the headlining is slowly coming away from the pre-formed bit that sticks to the roof. It's tidy enough at the moment, no tears or anything, but there's effectively one huge bubble where the fabric is no longer fastened to the card(?). To add to the complications, I have a sunroof.

I suspect I may have to remove the whole thing and stick something else in its place and to be honest it's not a job I really fancy - I watched Joe take a sunroof out once and even that was a several pints and a packet of peanuts job.

Any thoughts? I doubt there are any linings available in good order any more.

Neil
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Headlining - any ideas? - 11/01/2020 19:17

I have the same issue with my headlining Neil, albeit without the sunroof complication.
Posted By: Possum

Re: Headlining - any ideas? - 11/01/2020 22:22

Several years ago I had the same problem (but no sunroof) and removed mine and had it recovered in a similar grey fabric by a local motor trimmer, which was not expensive.

It did take a while to remove and refit the headlining card as one starts by removing the back seat! Once out, it fitted into the back of our then Grande Punto for the trip to the motor trimmers.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK