Fiat Coupe Club UK

AutoDS parts

Posted By: gj88

AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 14:47

How thick is the GRP on say, a set of bumper lips or a Zender bumper from AutoDS? Presumably the thickness will be the same on all parts, but are they solid or a bit flimsy?

I'm after a good genuine (plastic) set of the above but I reckon I'll be waiting for a good while longer, so I'm considering copies.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 14:51

autods stuff is very good quality and fitment and not flimsy at all , its the only place i would go for a body kit .

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 15:02

We've got a Silk Cut Jaguar in work which has a GRP body that's about 25mm thick. It's rock solid. How thick are we talking for AutoDS? 5mm?

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 15:07

Originally Posted By: nismo
autods stuff is very good quality and fitment and not flimsy at all , its the onlt place i would go for a body kit .

Agreed. I've had a few bits and pieces from Auto DS over the years and I can only highly recommend them.

The LE skirts are such a good fit, they are almost a 'press fit'

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 15:10

Originally Posted By: shinyshoes
autods stuff is very good quality and fitment and not flimsy at all , its the onlt place i would go for a body kit .

That's good to hear. I've got some plastic skirts so ideally I'd like plastic lips but at £60ish for a GRP set, I'm becoming tempted.

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 15:27

4-5mm thick

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 16:45

Sounds good to me. I'll have to look into them.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 19:56

There was a genuine Zender front bumper and side skirts for £75 on eBay last week rolleyes

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 23:05

I wanted to buy the bumper but the seller wouldn't allow postage, even if I arranged.

Re: AutoDS parts - 07/07/2011 23:33

I had in my watch list out of interest, no intention of buying. Thought it would go for more than the £87.73 ! Two bids only.
Posted By: Mariusz

Re: AutoDS parts - 08/07/2011 00:09

Originally Posted By: shinyshoes
Agreed. I've had a few bits and pieces from Auto DS over the years and I can only highly recommend them.

Thanks a lot.. smile

Re: AutoDS parts - 08/07/2011 07:42

Originally Posted By: gj88
I wanted to buy the bumper but the seller wouldn't allow postage, even if I arranged.

I got outbid on these at the last second grr but I'd already agreed with the seller that if I couriered an empty box to him, he would put the parts in, seal it and send it back so I'm not sure why he wouldn't do it for you? confused

Re: AutoDS parts - 08/07/2011 09:15

I asked early on so maybe the seller realised that they were limiting their market by refusing to post. I'd have paid more than the final total to get that bumper before the end of the auction.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK