Fiat Coupe Club UK

Removing damaged LE Lip

Posted By: ajw

Removing damaged LE Lip - 21/06/2012 14:30

Apols if this has been asked before but can't find anything - bought some LE Lips from Mariusz to replace damaged one. The car is at a bodyshop today to fit it and they are struggling to get the damaged one off. Anyone got experience of what you need to do to remove the old one???

Cheers Andrew
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Removing damaged LE Lip - 21/06/2012 15:20

I cut mine off damaged bumper, using a a metal scraper basicly was hard work but they came off. had a friend holding the bumper down.

I then repaired the damaged lip using a 2part epoxy made by 3M cant remember the name off my head. But never got round to fitting them back to new bumper.
Posted By: ajw

Re: Removing damaged LE Lip - 21/06/2012 15:23

Thanks - told the body shop to just keep hacking!! Just wondered if there was an easier way...

Re: Removing damaged LE Lip - 21/06/2012 15:30

Nope i dont think so

Theres a few rivits on on bottom , but they should see them and have drilled them out.

Just hack away. The sealant holding the lip on is quite thick and very hard. As my bumper was split around foglights, i didnt tape up bumper to avoid marking it as it was getting scrapped.

the damage to one lip was just a small crack , which i packed the inside with epoxy stuff, sanded front of lip and skim of filler. Its now soild and wont crack there again.

Ask for the lip back , and keep it as spare or sell, as it may well be repairable.
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Removing damaged LE Lip - 21/06/2012 19:58

I used a cutter. The plastic bends away quite easily to be honest, so I pulled from the front and got a cutter between it.

Re: Removing damaged LE Lip - 21/06/2012 20:55

Couldn't bend mine away at all .Must be making these Pluses out of chocolate
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK