Fiat Coupe Club UK

Clear side indicators

Posted By: Begbie

Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 14:25

I've had a set of clear lense indicators for ages, but haven't actually fitted them due to the bulbs coming with it being to big, as well as making it look liked a fried egg lick So, for people who have fitted these, what bulbs have you used and what fitment are they?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 14:29

standard bulbs painted red laugh

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 14:43

Look, just because it's your birthday, doesn't mean you can give unhelpful replies grr laugh I'm talking about the bulbs that are on the front wing of the car

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 14:46

yes and thats what i did with mine as i couldn't find the standard bulbs in orange , you asked i told laugh

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 14:47

oh and if you do find some in orange send me the link thumb

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 15:01

for some reason i can't upload some photos of my indicators so have sent you a message on your phone Begbie .
Posted By: mrc

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 17:08

And just to confirm nismo did paint his bulbs red, but I'm sure you can find orange bulb paint somewhere! To reduce to fried egg look ideally you need to find the silver/chrome bulbs that turn orange when illuminated, that's what I used on my Tuscan.

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 17:24

it sounds like Begbie has punto clear indicators as a friend has just popped over in her punto and they look like fryed eggs laugh

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 17:28

Well, it was from a group buy on here ages ago tongue
Posted By: jame5

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 17:37

I replaced the bulb holder on mine, I cut off the old one and replaced it with one that takes the standard 501 bulbs like the side lights. This means the world is your oyster as far as bulbs go, a couple of nice amber LEDs and no more fried egg look. If you slide the rubber part down the wires before you replace the bulb holder and pull it back up over the new bulb holder everything fits back in the hole nicely. The only tricky part is finding a suitable 501 bulb holder of the right size, I found some at a local A1 motor store.

Re: Clear side indicators - 06/01/2014 17:41

Originally Posted By: Begbie
Well, it was from a group buy on here ages ago tongue

lol laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK