Fiat Coupe Club UK

New Boost Gauge

Posted By: Anonymous

New Boost Gauge - 28/08/2014 21:49

I got my Prosport boost gauge today and I absolutely love it! I've mounted it in the driver's air vent and wired it white for daytime and amber for lights on so it matched the dials. I've got chrome rings coming for the dials to kind of match everything up. What does everyone think?

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Posted By: mikndo69

Re: New Boost Gauge - 28/08/2014 22:06

Like it

Re: New Boost Gauge - 28/08/2014 22:07

nice .

Re: New Boost Gauge - 28/08/2014 22:09

I wasn't sure about placement, but I really like it now it's all set up. It isn't obstructed by the wheel which is a big plus!
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: New Boost Gauge - 29/08/2014 07:49

Yes, nice job thumb
Posted By: Trappy

Re: New Boost Gauge - 29/08/2014 17:15

I'm not too sure on the placement (I like to have working vents) but I really, really like the white and amber lighting that matches the dash lights! I may well go for this style myself as I'll be buying a new one soon thumb

I think you need to get dial surrounds to match the chrome surround on the boost gauge cool

Re: New Boost Gauge - 29/08/2014 17:30

Dial rings are already ordered Trappy wink

I wanted the gauge to look as "stock" as possible which is why I went with the white/amber combo and being there, it's in a really good place to wire in to the dimmer light on wire. The gauge came from R-Spec, they've got a whole range of white/amber dials if there's any thing else you wanted.

Re: New Boost Gauge - 29/08/2014 21:03

Originally Posted By: Tazz1981

Dial rings are already ordered Trappy wink

Good stuff! That is going to look really smart when it's done smile

Originally Posted By: Tazz1981

I wanted the gauge to look as "stock" as possible which is why I went with the white/amber combo and being there, it's in a really good place to wire in to the dimmer light on wire. The gauge came from R-Spec, they've got a whole range of white/amber dials if there's any thing else you wanted.

I can't believe how cheap that is? I was looking at more like £90-£100 for an Autometer one. I'm going to do some reading on these now, thanks for the heads up smile

Re: New Boost Gauge - 29/08/2014 21:33

I had one in my last coupe and it never missed a beat. I think they even do the clock too, so I might change mine to match the dials. :-)

Re: New Boost Gauge - 08/11/2014 16:26

Tazz, any chance of a how to? I haven't the first clue about wiring and the instructions in the box are just nonsense to me... What is wired into what to get the set up you have etc. Cheers!
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: New Boost Gauge - 09/11/2014 14:50

i plumbed into the dimmer switch for the dials, its in a handy place too, no messy wiring which can be hidden by the side panel

Re: New Boost Gauge - 09/11/2014 15:27

It's got eight wires- I mean where does each have to go. Which colour wire connects to which exisiting wire. Some go to ACC other battery (-) others go to parking light etc. I can't make it out and don't fancy guessing...
Posted By: patrickstar

Re: New Boost Gauge - 09/11/2014 15:54

May help YOU smile

click to enlarge
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: New Boost Gauge - 10/11/2014 20:30

Ill get a picture of mine in the daylight tomorrow morning, then you'll know which ones to connect to.

Re: New Boost Gauge - 11/11/2014 14:07

Thanks. I can't make any sense of the wire colours leading to the mirror and I therefore have no idea which are which... frown
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK