Fiat Coupe Club UK

Cream leather

Posted By: Dazvr6

Cream leather - 13/03/2017 12:26

A couple of pics of my weekends work. laugh
I picked up a really dirty set of cream leather seats just before christmas, from a breaker on ebay.
It took me about 5 hours of scrubbing and leather conditioner to get then something close to worthy of being fitted into my coupe and I have had to drop the drivers seat off at an upholstery place to have the usual bolster wear sorted so no pics of that yet. It really brightens up the interior!
Can't be many coupes with cream leather?

front seat

rears

Cleaned drivers seat needing repair
drivers seat
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 12:29

Don't forget to add the pics!

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 12:31

Lol. Tinypic was really slow!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 13:14

Cream leather is going to look good - what colours your car? Anyone know how much the respective coloured leather options were from new?

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 13:14

not my cup of tea but they don't look to bad .

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 15:34

Originally Posted By Nello
Cream leather is going to look good - what colours your car? Anyone know how much the respective coloured leather options were from new?

It's Inky so the cream provides a nice contrast from the previous black.
They came out of a 20v (the door cards were trashed) so I saved the arm rests and lower door pocket panels which are cream, with a view to finding some decent black door cards and adding them on later.

I'm not sure whether I should be putting 20v cards into my 16v though.

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 15:47

Originally Posted By Dazvr6
I'm not sure whether I should be putting 20v cards into my 16v though.

I don't think they will fit due to the mounting points .

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 17:03

That's a shame as it would have tied it all together a bit better.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Cream leather - 13/03/2017 17:38

I really like these, even if they show dirt more easily. Not good for all colours, especially broomy!

Re: Cream leather - 14/03/2017 10:09

Agreed. It probably wouldn't look great in a Broomy but I think that and Steel/Moon grey are the only colours I wouldn't match them with.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Cream leather - 17/03/2017 18:01

Daz - let me check - I might have some 16v door cards in stock

Re: Cream leather - 17/03/2017 22:59

The cream leather is in my 16v Nigel.
I would somehow have to fit 20v door cards so I could use the cream armrests and door pockets.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Cream leather - 18/03/2017 06:46

They look amazing, great job!

Re: Cream leather - 18/03/2017 09:43

Cheers Gunzi thumb
They're not perfect (yet) but I like them.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Cream leather - 18/03/2017 09:54

Originally Posted By Dazvr6
The cream leather is in my 16v Nigel.
I would somehow have to fit 20v door cards so I could use the cream armrests and door pockets.

I've just been looking at 16v door cards versus 20v - you're going to have to get a bit creative.....

I have a pair of both types if you want to experiment

Let me know before about 12:30 and I can bring them home with me

Re: Cream leather - 18/03/2017 13:06

Sorry Nigel. Only just seen this.
I'll have to leave the doorcard project for now as I'm also restoring a Mk3 Supra Turbo, so time is at a premium at the mo!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Cream leather - 23/03/2017 04:16

What happens if turn that plug off?

Seats look great by the way, hopefully you can fit the parts off the door card Nigel has instead of the whole card?
You really want to use a good leather sealer on those like the one in gtechniq range, you'll get die transfer to the cream leather from blue jeans if you don't.

Re: Cream leather - 23/03/2017 10:33

My freezer defrosts Jimbo! hehe

I still haven't got my drivers seat back from the upholsterers yet and have a couple of marks on the passenger seat to try and remove, but I will definitely look into a sealer of some sort.

Have you used the Gtechniq stuff? Someone also recommended C4 bumper gel for my plastics.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Cream leather - 25/03/2017 11:38

Yes, my car used all the gtechniq products from paintwork protection through to interior leather and sealant for the carpets too.
The C4 is fantastic at brining plastic back to life, we used on my friends faded mini arches, what a difference. Just make sure you degrease the plastics thoroughly first.

My whole car grooming kit is now gtechniq, I really love the products. If your paintwork is worth protecting then definitely worth looking at.

I'm attending a car detailing course in the U.K. in June, gtechniq application is once of the skills they teach although I've done 5 cars now and it's definitely something a person could DIY.

Re: Cream leather - 27/03/2017 10:02

Thanks Jimbo.
I'll look into buying some as I need to restore my Supra seats as well.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK