Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wrapping a Coupe

Posted By: AnnieMac

Wrapping a Coupe - 19/09/2017 10:46

I have been looking at vinyl wrapping web-sites but they mostly seem to talk about using vinyl wrap to protect the paintwork on a new car. Can you use vinyl wrap to successfully cover up bad paintwork, ie lacquer peel and jealousy scratches? And can vinyl wrap be vandalised easily? And is cleaning it a hassle? And is it worth the price when it only lasts 5 years?

I would be very interested in your views as it is less than half the cost of a respray.

Cheers!
Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Re: Wrapping a Coupe - 19/09/2017 21:00

Am looking into for a truck for work that we bought cheaply but in the wrong colour. We intend a graphics wrap like the sky vans etc.
The consensus is that if there is a scratch that catches your nail when you run it over then it will show through.
In our case not relevant as the graphics will be the focal point not the scratches!
definitely an option though - and doable yourself with some practice and perseverance!

Re: Wrapping a Coupe - 19/09/2017 22:16

Maybe the scratches could be smoothed out though, or painted over, prior to wrapping?

Re: Wrapping a Coupe - 20/09/2017 05:21

I think if there's no integrity ie unsealed by paint, you'll have issues when removing the wrap.

Re: Wrapping a Coupe - 20/09/2017 11:32

Oh! Perhaps a respray is the only option then. I am afraid to spend so much money on the paintwork only to have it scratched again by the evil little vandal that lives nearby!

Re: Wrapping a Coupe - 20/09/2017 13:06

Unless you have a play with wrapping it yourself - probably only around £200 for the wrap film
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK