Fiat Coupe Club UK

Dented door

Posted By: AnnieMac

Dented door - 19/09/2017 10:50

My Coupe has a dent on the passenger side door which resulted from a low-speed collision with a metal post. Is it best just to replace the whole door, or would a body shop most likely be able to repair it? Which would be the cheaper option do you think?

Cheers!
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Dented door - 19/09/2017 10:55

Depends on how badly it's dented. Worth having a word with one of those mobile dent guys & see what they can or cannot do.
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Dented door - 19/09/2017 22:21

It's not badly hurt, and barely shows.

I called out a mobile dent bloke about minor scratches to the front wing and he was not interested, I think he was phased by the idea of having to match the paintwork (slightly faded speed red). He told me to go to a body shop.
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Dented door - 20/09/2017 13:27

Originally Posted By AnnieMac
It's not badly hurt, and barely shows.

I called out a mobile dent bloke about minor scratches to the front wing and he was not interested, I think he was phased by the idea of having to match the paintwork (slightly faded speed red). He told me to go to a body shop.

I had the same experience with chips away recently Annie- a couple of minor door dings and a chip on my Porto blue na and they pointed me in the direction of a bodyshop
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dented door - 15/10/2017 21:59

If its any help a bodyshop fill and respray will cost about £750 per side.

Parking dents on both sides have been straightened on mine and it included preemptive corrosion work on front and rear wheel arches.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Dented door - 20/10/2017 19:35

There are varying levels of spray shops.

To respray my roof, bonnet and front bumper I quit 4 quotes and they went from £400 all the way up to £1000.

I park my Coupe in the middle of a city so went for the £400 job. Wasn’t 100% perfect (lacquer drip down A pillar), but was good enough stood at 6 ft and 4 years later the paint is still on the car smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK