Fiat Coupe Club UK

What do you reckon to this?

Posted By: Skiday

What do you reckon to this? - 25/09/2018 21:53

I've been thinking of this for a long time. What do you reckon?

click to enlarge
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 25/09/2018 22:50

Any relation to this one?

click to enlarge

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 25/09/2018 22:55

Translate the strapline and that should give a clue.
Posted By: hangar1138

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 08:22

translation: "in prison nobody can hear you scream"

without google translate laugh

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 09:59

Indeed. Yes - it's a total homage to the Clarkson car. The question is; should I do it for real?
Posted By: andyps

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 10:42

I wouldn't, but that is just my choice. Done with vinyl you could easily remove it if you change your mind (at least, as long as your lacquer is in good condition and doesn't come off with the vinyl as happened on parts of mine when I peeled some stickers off!
Posted By: hangar1138

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 13:25

anyway nice work !

I think in Italy is not legal to do that...
masked police Sprinty chased by some real police cars (maybe Alfa 159 or Giulia) ...

for sure the video will became viral smile

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 14:38

My paint is brand new, professionally applied, flatted & polished, as is having a ceramic coating done in 2 weeks, so should be no probs. Copper who lives next door reckons it should be no problem in this country.
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 15:32

The law primarily relates to the vehicle having blue lights and sirens that are applied to an emergency vehicle rather than livery. There is no issue with the Italian livery as it does not give the appearance of a UK police vehicle. If you tried to stop people that is when it may cross over into impersonation. There are loads of ex US law enforcement vehicles that are used by events companies on our roads

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 21:30

Which is what I thought. Obviously you can't go around with a blue light roof box, but I thought I might find something magnetic.

But the question remains, and I invite comments - OK, most of you wouldn't do it to your car - but would you think it cool to see someone else do it, or would you snigger? Would I get invited to display on the club stand at the NEC or would it be unpopular with the club members? (how about I promise to fit boudicca chariot style wheel blades to drive by the 'Fast Ford' club cars? hehe)
Posted By: DaveG

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 26/09/2018 21:51

Don't forget the POLIZIA on the back too, and the white "V" and/or side stripes on the bonnet wink

I'd say go for it, you've got a month to sort it out and get it on the stand at the NEC...
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 27/09/2018 05:36

Personally, police cars are for police officers but it’s your car so go for it if you want
Posted By: H_R

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 27/09/2018 05:54

great for a show car and if you happy with the extra attention it will get
I think it looks cool but i personally wouldn't drive it around
it looks a nice tidy car and at the end of the day each to their own!
It is part of car nuts culture and DNA the whole Top gear Jezza thing, so think you will have plenty of admirers regardless of the badge

Anybody seen the top gear display car? that looks mint i wonder if somebody did a proper job or just a quick respray with tons of lacquer?
Posted By: JKD

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 28/09/2018 18:35

For some reason this thread reminds me of that movie, Let's Be Cops.
Posted By: Cooldog

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 30/09/2018 13:48

Tacky, makes it a clown car imo. but each to their own taste.

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 30/09/2018 16:16

It's OK to be against - I respect that, but the clown version would take a bit more welding;

click to enlarge
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 30/09/2018 18:31

Not my coupè of tea, get what I did there ? But each too there own I assume ?

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 02/10/2018 21:17

Well it looks to be not as popular as perhaps I had hoped and although as everyone says, each to their own, (I'm not a fan of body kits - but if you like them..) I don't want members to think I'm not representing the club well, so I think I'll have a pristine but standard car at the show. Perhaps I'll do it for other shows in the future (complete with Polizia uniform etc) where the club is not exhibiting. (Or perhaps I'll save up for a blue Lambo)

click to enlarge
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 03/10/2018 11:45

I vote yes! Go for it! cool
Posted By: ucoupia

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 03/10/2018 20:19

Stai scherzando.

Re: What do you reckon to this? - 04/10/2018 22:10

Originally Posted By ucoupia
Stai scherzando.

No, non ero