Fiat Coupe Club UK

Removing/replacing LE/Plus front lips

Posted By: DaveG

Removing/replacing LE/Plus front lips - 11/04/2019 15:10

What's the best way to remove a set of LE/Plus lips, and then put them back? The o/s front lip on my Plus is damaged, and I have a set of new AutoDS lips painted and ready to put back on. Are the originals glued is place? Screwed? Riveted? What's the best way to remove them, preferably in one piece? And what's the best way to put back on the replacements?
Posted By: robertjock

Re: Removing/replacing LE/Plus front lips - 12/04/2019 07:55

They are bonded on with sealer and pop riveted on,you could try drill through the pop rivets,but there very small so would be awkward,you could very carefully grind off top off rivits,then to remove from sealer,use a heat gun ,using a swaying motion heat up lips,then slowly pry off with a plastic,nylon wedge,or same type tool they use on door trim removal,im restoring my LE and just done front,back bumpers last week,plus factory boot spoiler,found the spoiler on boot,quarter panels to be very brittle material,so extra care needed on removal,,but can be done just takes patience.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Removing/replacing LE/Plus front lips - 12/04/2019 09:40

Thanks Jock, and welcome to the forum! I wondered if I could use some fishing line or similar (dental floss?) to cut through the bonding, and then clean it all off afterwards?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK