Fiat Coupe Club UK

pininfarina foil

Posted By: Pawcio

pininfarina foil - 12/02/2021 21:34

I'm looking for inspiration for an idea for a foil with the words Pininfarina. I want to stick to the side of the car or the bottom of the door up to the fender. One of you has a car wrapped like that. Or maybe another interesting project-?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: pininfarina foil - 12/02/2021 21:56

Think you might want to speak to Rosso on here....
Posted By: Rosso

Re: pininfarina foil - 13/02/2021 11:42

Perhaps my coupe using a Pininfarina font

Attached picture stelvio 01.jpg

Re: pininfarina foil - 13/02/2021 22:39

Rosso is the perfect place and I think I will follow this path. I also considered the bottom of the car body but yours suits me better. What kind of foil-? how to tolerate temperature and washing -?

Re: pininfarina foil - 14/02/2021 00:12

Thanks happy to help.

If you have any ceramic coatings you will most likely require removing the coating from that area that you plan to position your film onto.

As far as applying I would give the panel area a gently heat with hair dryer if it's cold outside.

I can let you know in the morning the film type I used. The font is downloadable if you plan tou use it.

Re: pininfarina foil - 14/02/2021 21:41

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't have ceramics, standard dark ink varnish. I wonder what color the foil will match with this paint color. I won't do it myself - it would be done by the company that deals with it.

Re: pininfarina foil - 14/02/2021 21:47

The film used for the down the side was ORACAL INTERMEDIATE CAL 651.

Medium-term indoor and outdoor lettering, marking and decoration

Thickness 2.5 mil

Durability Up to 6 years

Id advise to remove any coatings from the paintwork before applying otherwise it may not adhere.

Don't hesitate to ask if you require more.

Re: pininfarina foil - 14/02/2021 21:49

depends if you want subtle? id probably go with a silver/grey.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK