Fiat Coupe Club UK

Centre dash change

Posted By: jimboy

Centre dash change - 03/05/2022 04:27

Finally got round to changing the dash on my Coop. A nice glossy black one. Well on paper a relatively easy job, WRONG, as with anything on the Coop things tend to slip into a mini nightmare. When removing the tacky rubbery centre dash, the switches at the rear were all bodged in, the screw lug holes were all melted into the body and there was a couple of metal strips bolted and positioned to press against the back of the switches. In a nutshell I required undamaged switches. Looked on eBay, silly prices, messaged Joe in a panic. Eventually I found some hidden in my shed from the consul that I refurbished.

By this time hours have passed and I’m slowly loosing the plot. In and out of the house and shed for bits and pieces. At the moment the shiny consul lies ready on the kitchen table to fit, obviously hoping it will fit properly and work as it should. Ah the joys of Coop ownership.

Re: Centre dash change - 03/05/2022 09:02

Well the consul is in the car, not difficult by any means, but infuriatingly awkward. Plastics were brittle, bits broken off, but hey ho it’s better than the one it replaced.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Centre dash change - 03/05/2022 13:20

Well done for keeping the faith when you were mid fix Jimboy.

I swear coupes simply don't like being fixed-they can be very moody and hard to please!

:-) hope the new dash works out.

Regards

MM

Re: Centre dash change - 03/05/2022 13:59

Thanks MM, looking braw if I say so myself. I’m at the stage of life now I kind of doubt my abilities. Years ago this wouldn’t have been a problem, I would’ve serviced the car at the same time. laugh The handbrake surround is not looking its best, but I’m not in the mood for that right now. Round two at a later date.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Centre dash change - 16/05/2022 19:22

Re-fitting is a beast of a job, I remember it well ggrrrrr
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK