Fiat Coupe Club UK

Brake light STOP

Posted By: Pawcio

Brake light STOP - 17/12/2022 14:50

Additional brake light Mine works 50% There is a replacement available - a cartridge that fits from another to the FC. I can't find a good used one.
Posted By: carmine

Re: Brake light STOP - 17/12/2022 23:06

Hello.
About 6 years ago, tired of always having to change the interior light bulbs of the supplementary brake light and even after having changed them continue to struggle with the horrible bulb holders that created intermittent lights,
I set out to carry out a complete replacement.
I found an additional led light that fit completely on the original base.
(I don't remember where to buy it)
it was enough for me to extract the anchoring supports of the new LED and insert it in the base of the original, the wiring is child's play.

The original brake light unit is sealed, I used a very fine hacksaw blade to separate the red side from the base/socket but in the end it wasn't worth it.

The one in the link is something like this, it's better to extract the original, measure it and be patient and search the internet for a replacement of the right size.

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/led-high-level-stop-light-with-swivelling-feet-210mm

(this is the model, there are different sizes, you just have to find the right one)

Attached picture SmartSelect_20221217_232811_Photos.jpg
Attached picture SmartSelect_20221217_232819_Photos.jpg
Attached picture SmartSelect_20221217_232823_Photos.jpg
Attached picture SmartSelect_20221217_232802_Photos.jpg
Attached picture SmartSelect_20221217_232734_Photos.jpg

Re: Brake light STOP - 18/12/2022 09:20

OK thanks. This is probably a good solution and you have to go this way because on the used market they will also struggle with this problem

Re: Brake light STOP - 18/12/2022 11:26

yes, the bulb holder inside the original is horrible, at one time I thought of brazing the bulbs with tin but then I abandoned this idea.
I also tried a white luca led strip glued inside the original but the result was bad.
In the photo you can see the result with a led strip.

Attached picture SmartSelect_20221218_122322_Photos.jpg

Re: Brake light STOP - 20/12/2022 11:55

I removed the stop lamp today. I opened it and found that there are bulbs inside that can be replaced. 10 pcs. I have 3 burnt. They are marked with the symbol E 1. 2An6z OS 2.3 So I will look for them and replace them.

Re: Brake light STOP - 20/12/2022 12:06

for me the problem wasn't finding the bulbs but because they weren't stuck inside the bulb holder and after a while they didn't have a solid contact. maybe it was my bulb holder which was no longer solid.

Re: Brake light STOP - 20/12/2022 14:49

From the symbol of the bulbs, I guess they are supposed to be 12V W2.3. Is the bulb socket the same as at the lighting counter -? I hope they get the right ones in the store. All 10 pcs will need to be replaced. In this description of 2An6z OS 2.3, the type of bulb socket is probably described, but when I search, Google does not give me such a bulb. And this is exactly what it is on the bulbs
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Brake light STOP - 20/12/2022 17:34

Originally Posted by Pawcio
From the symbol of the bulbs, I guess they are supposed to be 12V W2.3. Is the bulb socket the same as at the lighting counter -? I hope they get the right ones in the store. All 10 pcs will need to be replaced. In this description of 2An6z OS 2.3, the type of bulb socket is probably described, but when I search, Google does not give me such a bulb. And this is exactly what it is on the bulbs

You'll find this out in the Howto section

here smile

Re: Brake light STOP - 20/12/2022 21:14

Thanks - you are irreplaceable🍻🙂

Re: Brake light STOP - 20/12/2022 22:54

Originally Posted by Pawcio
Thanks - you are irreplaceable🍻🙂

Don't be too certain of that suicide

laugh

Re: Brake light STOP - 21/12/2022 13:53

The level of difficulty increases. I bought new 2.3 W bulbs. I replaced all the old ones. And the lamp does not burn. Also, the main STOP does not smoke. I moved the old ones again because some of them were shining before the repair. It didn't do anything either. The main STOP is not on either. Are these two feet related -? e.g. fuse, common wire, etc. I don't know where or what is wrong. Before connecting, I sprayed the plug of the lamp holder with an electric preparation. That's all, I didn't do anything else. What went wrong -?

Re: Brake light STOP - 21/12/2022 15:00

Are you saying none of the brake lights are working?

Re: Brake light STOP - 21/12/2022 17:36

None. Is the additional STOP on the fuse with other devices -? The trunk light works fine, as does the other lighting. I'll check the fuse and switch under the brake pedal tomorrow. But I replaced it in the spring, so far nothing has happened with the brake lights. Until yesterday when I dismantled the third brake light.

Re: Brake light STOP - 21/12/2022 17:52

I can't remember off hand whether the fuse which is on the brake light circuit also affects another item - if so you can check if that also is not working

Re: Brake light STOP - 22/12/2022 12:52

After two hours of fighting with an invisible enemy, the glitch is located. So from the beginning. all brake lights. they are on a common fuse with the horn and the radio. For me, the fuse was ok. I checked all the fuses by the way. The cause of the confusion is the switch under the gas pedal, which I did not suspect at all, because I replaced it in the spring. I undressed it and inside the plate pushed by the spring moved, breaking the circuit. I corrected, sprayed, I folded and everything lit up again. So it's worth starting with this switch because the conclusion is that its life is short and can mess up. Thanks everyone for every post and every hint

Re: Brake light STOP - 22/12/2022 14:48

Good result.

I had this recently with the reverse light switch.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK