Fiat Coupe Club UK

Mesh and skirts...

Posted By: danb052k

Mesh and skirts... - 04/05/2007 17:37

Hi, not sure if this is the appropriate section so I do apologise if it isnt. My PIU bumper and LE skirts arrived today and I am just about to go and get the adhesive that I need to fit the skirts,

I also need to fit the mesh to the bumper, does anybody have a "how to" for this? Also any suggestions on what I adhesive I should purchase to do these two jobs??

Many Thanks,

Dan
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mesh and skirts... - 04/05/2007 19:44

Check out the PIU Bumper Group Buy thread ;\) . I fitted the mesh to my bumper, and there are some photos of how I did it on the second page. I bought the adhesive from Mariusz, but not sure exactly what it is !

Phil

Re: Mesh and skirts... - 04/05/2007 20:29

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated!! I have managed to cut the mesh and shape it around the gaps...only managed to stab my self twice on the mesh so thats a result!!

Could I use something like "no more nails" but for exterior use to hold both the mesh and teh skirts??

Cheers,
Dan

Re: Mesh and skirts... - 04/05/2007 20:35

The stuff that I got from Mariusz is windscreen adhesive. It's very thick and gloopy, which helps it get into the mesh and adhere to the GRP. No More Nails might work, but I would check that it will stick to GRP first ;\) .

Phil
Posted By: bridges

Re: Mesh and skirts... - 05/05/2007 23:54

Trouble with no wore nails is that it dries solid. In bad cases it can fracture and crack. The best stuff to use is tiger seal or other similar products.

Re: Mesh and skirts... - 06/05/2007 02:41

Did one today, used fibreglass mix from halfrauds, just over £6 - all good.

Re: Mesh and skirts... - 06/05/2007 17:27

Hi guys,

I have fitted the skirts and they are really solid, plus im going to keep the 2 screws in each end just for peace of mind, the car is silver so they dont show that badly!!

I have stuck the mesh in and it is very solid so I dont believe that I will have to re-do this any time soon!!!

All I need to do now is get this bumper to align up with the undertray holes!!

Thanks very much for all of your help and advice, very much appreciated!!

Dan

Re: Mesh and skirts... - 06/05/2007 18:14

sounds good,do you have any pics etc? would like to se what it looks like with the door open and how it fits around the cill area
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK