Fiat Coupe Club UK

Opinions on Red & Black combo...

Posted By: Anonymous

Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 03/09/2007 13:56

Hi all,

Right, quick one here...

I have a Red Coop (standard) with Pro Race 1.2 wheels in anthracite. I am getting into the red and black theme. Want to get some skirts and was considering making them black to match the bottom of the front and rear bumpers and the wheels rather than going red and having to spray the bumpers too...

What do you think?

Standard:
http://www.demon-designs.com/bmw/Standard.jpg

Quick Photoshop:
http://www.demon-designs.com/bmw/BlackSkirts.jpg

Posted By: RusH

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 03/09/2007 14:05

IMO you would need the front lips and rear valance to pull it off. The sideskirts make the side of the car look deeper that the front and rear bumper.

I think it looks quite interesting – and if it does work you can always respray them.

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 03/09/2007 14:14

Are they lower? I hoped they would be but wasnt sure if it would be noticeable.

Defo a good point on respraying them if it doesnt work, that was my thought too.

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 03/09/2007 18:38

Horrid, the whole point of a kit is to get rid of the ugly black sills.

Next.

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 04/09/2007 13:05

Hmm. I'm not so sure on that.

With the black seals and black under bumpers it looks clean and crisp. With the side skirts in Black, it looks unfinished somehow. Almost as if you were in too much of a rush to fit the skirts, so didn't bother painting them before.

Personally, I'd say leave as is (without the skirts). Or fit colour coded skirts instead.

\:\)

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 04/09/2007 13:42

Originally Posted By: circolo

Personally, I'd say leave as is (without the skirts). Or fit colour coded skirts instead.

\:\)

agreed...

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 05/09/2007 00:21

Thanks everyone for your input... still undecided, half of me agrees with the majority of the comments, half of me thinks it will be a bit different (and not shi*t!!!)

More photoshopping required!

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 06/09/2007 20:04

Hmm, I'm not convinced. The wheels look awesome and I think that red skirts etc. would look better.

I know it's supposed to be fashionable now but it looks a bit 80's to me.

Just my thoughts...
Posted By: growlingbear

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 20/09/2007 20:30

Agree wheels look A1. The painted skirts look too much. Stick with the original look or go all red if you really want the skirts. The LE/Plus were always too much anyway IMO and overcooked the styling.

Re: Opinions on Red & Black combo... - 20/09/2007 20:34

Don't like the black wheels or the idea of black skirts. Put the wheels back to original and leave it as it came out of the factory (45 year old grumpy old fart's opinion) ;\)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK