Fiat Coupe Club UK

Angel eyes

Posted By: bilbo

Angel eyes - 29/11/2008 21:48

Nice but how much \:o
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Coupe-Scheinw...A1%7C240%3A1318
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Angel eyes - 29/11/2008 23:03

very nice but over priced if you ask me !
Posted By: Mrzly_slo

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 08:33

If you send them the price 300€ they will sell it to you, because 2 weeks ago they were 310€.....

Looks like they pumped up the price \:P

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 10:09

Group Buy please
Posted By: tonyd20vt

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 10:16

these can be done DIY.

There selling the ring kit on Ebay UK for 2.99 each plus 11.99 postage. So you could have both sets over to UK for under 20!

Worth giving it ago yourself. Someones done it on here before, do a search.

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 12:06

700 euros????????????????????????

crazy!!!!!!!!!

i make my angel eyes on my headlight with 20\30 euros for 2 angel eyes ring (materials leds etc etc)

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 14:13

Alright was just wondering what size rings are needed for the DIY angel eyes as the dip and main beam lights are diffrent sizes.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 15:10

Originally Posted By: clay99

Alright was just wondering what size rings are needed for the DIY angel eyes as the dip and main beam lights are diffrent sizes.

Me too then i could them myself as I need to separate the headlights as a grasshopper has worked its way under one \:mad\:
Posted By: cowboy

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 18:57

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 20:08

thanks cowboy

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 21:22

i may have ago at this myself as i want to get the inside of my lights sprayed the same colour as the car

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 21:50

Originally Posted By: nismo
i may have ago a this myself as i want to get the inside of my lights sprayed the same colour as the car

Will be great for when i buy it ;\)

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 21:58

This seller does all the sizes in all the colours I'm smelling a group buy?

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 22:08

hang on for a week our so and mine will be done ,also the lights i am getting are from hong kong about 25 quid for the four,i did not get the bright ones got the soft ones comming as they are side lights realy,iv also been trying to get the audi look out of led,s but they looked real bad
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/PB170005.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/PB260002.jpg
so i give up on them, anyway being that theres a few here that want the eyes why not do a group buy if mine are the right one,s

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 22:11

No hurr Karl, I would not be doing this till after Christmas anyway. I too thought about an Audi style light but like you decided it just did not work \:\(

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 22:17

bockers if you look at the rings on that site they seem to be bright white they will stand out way to much and you get reflection of our lenses found that out with the leds,thats why ill be trying the soft white

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 22:20

Good point, I wait for the pics of yours.

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 23:02

I'm in a similar boat here, i have recently recieved the colour coded internals of my headlights back from the body shop

But i have been contemplating the idea of angel eyes while they are apart \:\?

The angels eyes on german ebay are made from bent perspex rod with nocthes in them that carry the light (there are a few tutorials via google), they look very nice but are too expensive (plus i would have to seperate them and get the internal colour coded again )

The first set of angel eyes i saw on here were form HK, and they were made by using ultrabright neon wire from litewave.co.uk and this was the idea i was probably going to go with (i think maruisz posted a small guide somewhere?)

The angel eyes posted above (by bockers) look a bit cheap, and they are (money wise), my problem is that the two rings are the same size for each inverter, meaning you would have to buy 2 different sets (1 x 60, 1 x 100) then swap it so you had (1 x 60 and 1 x 100) for each inverter, or extend the wire to the other side of the bonnet, which too much hassle for me.

But cowboy i think you might be onto something with the audi stlye running lights, i have seen them previuosly on you tube (some guy put them under his side lights, looked a bit cack tbh) i think the reason yours dont work is there a too few ?? although i am quite liking the idea of the 'M' shape light rather than the 'patented' angel eye.

still i will be interested to see how you get on \:\)

Ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 30/11/2008 23:19

following my unwarranted rant above

what about these??

led angel eyes

Available in 60mm and 100mm and no inverter required \:D

ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 03:34

probably that guys is selling it along with the headlights apparatus

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 03:35

but a group buy would be great for a non techy person like me

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 09:39

Originally Posted By: cowboy
hang on for a week our so and mine will be done ,also the lights i am getting are from hong kong about 25 quid for the four,i did not get the bright ones got the soft ones comming as they are side lights realy,iv also been trying to get the audi look out of led,s but they looked real bad
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/PB170005.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/PB260002.jpg
so i give up on them, anyway being that theres a few here that want the eyes why not do a group buy if mine are the right one,s

Karl, those leds on the pics above may look ok at the bottom of the light unit running horizontally just on the bottom edge of the light. Have you tried that?
Also, I reckon you hold the title now for the most accessorised coupe in the UK! Anyone disagree? ;-)

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 09:45

Originally Posted By: bockers

Me too then i could them myself as I need to separate the headlights as a grasshopper has worked its way under one \:mad\:

Wasn't at the Grasshopper Inn Meet earlier this year was it Bockers? couldn;t resist, sorry bad joke I apologise!

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 10:36

yeh there is a few mods on the car now (but),i had been thinking of putting the leds along the bottom part but its all about the reflection the lenses seem to reflect everything maybe thats why our lights are set back,ninja iv seen them lights yes they would look ok on a corsa but you need something smother on the coupe,think kelv has seen them on a coupe and he told sparkyman a big no no,so ill go with what he saz

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 13:38

Quick q.

If you were to run with angel eyes in the headlights would it be ok to run without the OE sidelights?
I ran without the sidelights connected for a short while (not through choice, the wires broke on one of the bulbs \:\( ) and I much prefered the look without them, more aggresive looking coupe FTW! \:\)

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 15:01

Originally Posted By: bockers
i may have ago a this myself as i want to get the inside of my lights sprayed the same colour as the car

Will be great for when i buy it ;\)

lol , it won't be for sale for a long while bockers ;\)

Re: Angel eyes - 01/12/2008 15:36

if theres side lights on the car they must work,

Re: Angel eyes - 20/12/2008 16:01

update on this is that 100mm fit lovely but the 60mm needs to be 70mm so iv sent for two 70mm they will be here in about three weeks

Re: Angel eyes - 22/12/2008 08:34

well i just had email back and theres no 70mm rings,but in the add that bockers put up it shows 70mm but its a miss print,so i am just going with the one on each side which i think looks ok

Re: Angel eyes - 24/12/2008 23:50

i am just going with the one on each side

Damn you, thats what i was going for \:mad\:

my headlights are still apart and i'm still waiting for the eye(s!?) to turn up \:\(

colour coded internals, single 100mm on each side and standard side lights, should look pretty good i think, and its a bit different to the usual OO_______OO.

Well if you got any pics please post (before i continue \:P )

ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 25/12/2008 01:48

mine will be on over the hols,might be worth the wait ninja to see them first,but so far the look stunning mate

Re: Angel eyes - 25/12/2008 12:09

Here you can see how i made my own angel eyes ... and to repeat the materials cost me about 15 Evro

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=722854&fpart=2

Just to add to this were the first ones i have ever made, now a have change them (the empty space of the circle is on the bottom of the circle not on the top)

PP. If anybody likes the way it looks and want to have angel eyes, let send me a personal message !

Re: Angel eyes - 25/12/2008 13:16

nastybg yes there ok but you can see them when the lights are of and thats what i dont like about them,ill only be doing the big ones one on each side and when my lights are of you will not see the rings at all,pics here of the rings showing that i dont like

Re: Angel eyes - 25/12/2008 14:04

nastybg yes there ok but you can see them when the lights are of and thats what i dont like about them,ill only be doing the big ones one on each side and when my lights are of you will not see the rings at all,pics here of the rings showing that i dont like

I didn't understand your idea, how that you'll see them when the lights are off, mine can be seen both when the lights are off and when they are on ...

Re: Angel eyes - 25/12/2008 14:07

I mean that the power to the angel eyes comes from the dimmers(if this is the right word i have found it in a dictionary) ... and when my lights are on they can't be seen !!!

Re: Angel eyes - 25/12/2008 20:36

when your lights are off you can still see the rings in the lights,my idea you will not see them at all

Re: Angel eyes - 27/12/2008 00:55

Anyone got eact measurements needed for both sizes on the headlamps as i have a spare set of headlamps and may have a play, gona have to find some rings that dont have a gap tho.

Re: Angel eyes - 27/12/2008 13:21

this one is 100mm but the other side is not round so i am going with just one, 70mm would fit the small side in this type but they dont do them
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture005-1.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 27/12/2008 14:18

how bendy are the rings as i'm the same as steveo and want to limit the gap to as small as possible where the to ends of the rings stop and was thinking getting 100mm for the dipped light ring and 120mm for the main light ring so i can over lap them , just need to know if they do bend or if they are very rigid ??? ;\)

Re: Angel eyes - 27/12/2008 16:56

no mate there not bendy the most they will move is about 5mm

Re: Angel eyes - 27/12/2008 19:45

forget that idea then , thanks cowboy i,ll wait and see how yours turn out before starting mine . i may do the fog lights and full beam lights instead of side by side have the stacked on top of each other \:D

Re: Angel eyes - 27/12/2008 20:05

pics, needs to be dark to get good ones
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture012.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture015.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 27/12/2008 20:11

yeah cowboy they look good gonna have to get my rings ordered in the new year and get the headlights cracked open to get the insides colour coded

Re: Angel eyes - 28/12/2008 16:34

well i just found the same rings in 70mm so ill be fitting them aswell, as the one on each side dont look that good
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture019.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture015-1.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture014.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 28/12/2008 16:36

I took my headlight unit out today in an attempt to clean them up, but the dirt was inside. How do you open the unit up because i was thinking of making some angel eyes while the unit it apart

Re: Angel eyes - 28/12/2008 17:04

hot air gun,heat up and gently prize apart

Re: Angel eyes - 28/12/2008 18:38

thanks Frary. i just found the 'how to' on headlights. *duh*
will keep this thread updated as to how i get on with the angel eyes...
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Angel eyes - 28/12/2008 19:02

They are looking very nice Karl. I might consider doing them myself \:\)

Look forward to seeing it together with the 70mm ones.
Posted By: MrCooper

Re: Angel eyes - 28/12/2008 19:56

Yes, they look good. I agree that having both the 100 and 70 mm rings in place would look better. Look forward to seeing them when you've fitted Karl.

By the way, once you've figured it out how long do you think it would take a person to do the job following a how-to or similar?

I'm with nismo on the point that minimising the gap on the ring as much as possible would be a good idea. I wonder if that is possible?

Steve

Re: Angel eyes - 28/12/2008 21:28

i have hunted flee bay to see if i can find some complete rings but have only found a kit in blue with 100mm and 84mm rings , so i'm gonna do what cowboy has done as i still like the look of them but i may do the gap at the top instead of at the bottom to see if it hides the gap more .

cowboy - do you have a link ( if your getting them off ebay )or a web address to the 70mm rings as i can't find anywhere that does them cheers if you can help m8

they do look \:# karl and from a distance you don't realy see a gap anyway .
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture015-1.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 29/12/2008 00:08

nastybg lights, nismo
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/7462/81520710ei4.jpg
mr cooper
how to will take 2 days nearly all is drying time,i will give you link for 70mm when i get mine as i dont no if they are right our not yet,lets have just one skint Guinea Pig,just to make sure they match iv got 100mm and 70mm gomming so there wont be any more waiting once they arrive

Re: Angel eyes - 29/12/2008 02:37

i'm liking the single circle, i almost looks like your coupe is looking at me \:\)

plus you wouldnt even realise you had the smaller eyes when youve got your dipped beam on!

have you got HID's? the rings look slighty off colour compared with your sides and dipped.

But very well done to you, good work \:D

ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 29/12/2008 12:06

not to keen on these http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/7462/81520710ei4.jpg
as you can see the gap more but i get the idea of what they will look like with the gap at the top ( think you got it right cowboy ) . its like they used 90mm and 50mm rings so the gaps are worse . no problem cowboy you can be the Guinea Pig m8 then just pass us the info we need to get it right the first time . thanks for your help cowboy and i await to see the out come pic's with both rings installed .

Re: Angel eyes - 31/12/2008 23:19

Well i'm starting mine tomorrow as i now have a spare coupe and thinking along the lines of either finding some bmw's angel eyes at a breakers, therefore no gap, or, laying one set over another but modifying the light cup so i can set the rings further back so you cat really see the rings when the lights are off, not going body coloured with the lights tho as think it looks sh**, but thats just my opinion tho, i think coupes have awesome styling with black pillars, lights and grill just think it would ruin it but i'll inform you guys on how they come along

Re: Angel eyes - 01/01/2009 00:36

hi steve, dont forget to take pics mate

Re: Angel eyes - 01/01/2009 10:37

Yeah will do dont worry, prob wot see any for a while tho, will prob put them all up when they're finised.

Re: Angel eyes - 01/01/2009 12:55

steveo , there are some complete rings on flee bay but the small rings are 84mm and big rings are 100mm so the small rings would need sorting out to get them to fit nicely , keep us posted with your pics as i would like to see how they turn out .

Re: Angel eyes - 04/01/2009 15:35

well i got the 70mm super bright rings and there the same as the bloody soft one plus when in place they dont seat right like the big one does,so it looks like its back to the drawing board,any one with ideas,iv seen these and ask if he will send 100,s and 70mm cos in the add it says 4 of the same size
http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBa...idZm39&caz.html

Re: Angel eyes - 04/01/2009 22:34

Mine are coming together at the mo and looking rather tasty will do a lil write up when their finished, oh and pics ;\) but not yet \:\)

Got some other lil bits going on too at the mo, fibre glass speaker pods with 2" tweeters, direct replacement for the factory top of dash ones, made so the tweeters face into the car. Also fibre glassed and colour coded interior a pillar covers so the gauge pods are blended in, oh and the indicators in the wing mirrors \:\)

Re: Angel eyes - 05/01/2009 21:47

good on you mate,so which rings did you go with

Re: Angel eyes - 05/01/2009 23:46

Jap supplier, with no gap in them, seriously bright tho, so not sure now

Re: Angel eyes - 05/01/2009 23:47

cool , your have to get some pic's up steveo as that what i'm after angel eyes with no gaps

Re: Angel eyes - 05/01/2009 23:58

I'll see about getting some more dude, they were actually off another car, your not far from me fella so i'll see what i can do, from kent, funny as bought my 20vt from north london, auto sales on cricklewood lane.

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 00:00

steve there not the ones with dots are they

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 00:02

Lol no they're not L.E.D's lol if i wanted them i'd have made them, i'm an electrical engineer lol

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 00:04

thank god for that they look sh%t,why are you worried that there to bright

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 00:15

Cos they light up the whole lamp so much that just looks like xenon lamps lol with slight angel eyes effect

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 00:30

they sound like they are to bright , shame i have a spair pair of headlights now and am getting mine ready for colour codeing and need to make up my mind what angel eyes to go for so i can return those spair headlights

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 00:38

well hang on nismo i have just sent for two sets of these 4x100mm and 4x70mm and if you like mine when done you can buy mine of me i got the two sets for 70quid

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 00:51

are these the ones from the u.s and did they say how long it takes to deliver ? and yes cowboy i would be intrested in buying the spair rings as they are just what i'm looking for no gaps .
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 07:06

well hang on nismo i have just sent for two sets of these 4x100mm and 4x70mm and if you like mine when done you can buy mine of me i got the two sets for 70quid

this looks interesting. sorry to jump in here but is anyone willing / interested in sharing an order...could we maybe get a few on board.. any takers .. thanks......Jim

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 09:06

jim he will drop in price for two sets,nismo yes mate from us and 7 to 10 days

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 10:13

cool cowboy , keep me informed when you get them and i'll have the spair set off you .

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 10:55

i'd be up for a set of these, possible GB or bulk order?

i have not tried contacting the guy, but do these need invertors? if so how many come with the package?

ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 13:39

2 inverters and 4 rings is how the guy is selling them but they have to be the same size so its best if two people buy them then you can split the order ( 4 x 100mm & 4 x70mm )so you both get 2 x 70mm rings on 1 inverter & 2 x 100mm rings on 1 inverter .

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 14:33

ninja you need to pm jimboy to share cost ill email the guy to let him no that my mates want more of these just to make sure you get the right price

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 15:02

ninja you have a pm from jimboy sent via me \:\)

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 19:02

How about a devil eyes style look, like this.... \:\?
http://www.shrani.si/f/K/oW/XY5tcYI/picture015-1a.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/19/3U/2Cv82HUK/angeleye100full.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 19:06

not my cup of tea ,would rather have full halos

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 19:18

if anyone is sending for these lights from this guy please state my nick name cowboy and you will get two sets for 99 dollers deliverd to one address

Re: Angel eyes - 06/01/2009 20:18

if anyone is sending for these lights from this guy please state my nick name cowboy and you will get two sets for 99 dollers deliverd to one address

99 USD with postage???...

Re: Angel eyes - 08/01/2009 09:17

if anyone is sending for these lights from this guy please state my nick name cowboy and you will get two sets for 99 dollers

Cowboy, just wondering if these are any good as there really cheap £3.99, and they do 100, 70 and 60mm rings in soft white. I may order the cheap ones as i'm always looking to save a few pounds.

ebay halo rings

Also, did the 70mm ones not fit because they were slightly too big? if so i'll get the 60mm ones and feed back on how they fit. Tony \:D

Re: Angel eyes - 08/01/2009 13:07

tony dont bother they look like sh%t,60mm are much to small 70mm little to big but you can make them fit

Re: Angel eyes - 08/01/2009 13:22

They look that rubbish then? I might leave it then as £70-90 needs to be spent on othr things right now, shame as I have a spare set of headlights apart.

Re: Angel eyes - 08/01/2009 13:52

theres no hurry mate wait till we fit these new ones

Re: Angel eyes - 09/01/2009 18:35

i make this with my friend in italy

large ring and small ring

we sell at 29.90 euros + shipment (4.90 euro in uk)

price for 2 rings + 4 led hi-ligts (white red green blu etc)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6695/foto0066qv3.jpg

if you are intresting....

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 11:16

flaviutti have you got pics of the rings only

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 11:43

yes of course!!!

this picture made 2 years ago when me and my friend testing the 1st model of angel eyes for coupè (small ring ) after we make the large ring and mod the small because the 16v model are the ring light oval not perfect circle

me are in the picture inside the angel eyes heheheh

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2622/dscn1557bv2.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5062/foto0056nb3.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/934/dscn1625as7.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7618/foto0060ud6.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 11:44

ops.. double post sorry

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 12:44

been doing a look around & saw on YouTube angel eyes on a coops fogs as well.....what do people think.....too much...or do you think it would work........
thing is, I'm a yes or no type, but feel as i'm sure others do as well.....i would like to see all possibilities in the flesh ....thanks ....Jim

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 12:47

out of interest...

could the red ones be mounted INSIDE all the rear lights ???

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 12:56

Now someones thinkin ;\) you could do it but getting access to the inside of the lights is impossible without cutting off the lenses. So you'd have to be very very careful!

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 13:08

Full of bright ideas !
standard look benefit, with 4 rings at the back a fraction of the cost of led fittings......
any one got any spare lights !

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 14:21

Originally Posted By: jimboy
been doing a look around & saw on YouTube angel eyes on a coops fogs as well.....what do people think.....too much...or do you think it would work........
thing is, I'm a yes or no type, but feel as i'm sure others do as well.....i would like to see all possibilities in the flesh ....thanks ....Jim

i was meanig the front fog lights by the way \:D

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 14:22

Me. I think.... I hate to say it but i think we might be onto a winner here.

You'd need a hot-wire cutter or something of the like to remove the lense covers though if you wanted to make it look pro.

With any luck owing to the thinness of the light rings you might not have to cut out the inside of the light to make it fit like i had to with LED's.

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 17:11

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...s%3DI%26otn%3D1

these ?

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 18:16

Bosco YHPM.

Re: Angel eyes - 10/01/2009 21:26

other pictures of angel...

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1268/angeleyes6bo0.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8057/angeleyes2dg8.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4079/angeleyesbyflag99sudannup5.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4307/angel10cl1.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1628/angeleyesrossoeblugl9.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 14/01/2009 17:25

hi cowboy , have you received your angel eyes yet as i'm getting the insides of my lights ( getting colour coded )back tomorrow and need to let Mr C know when he can have his lights back that i borrowed .

Re: Angel eyes - 22/01/2009 19:31

ok just an update , got my 100mm and 70mm rings this morning thanks to cowboy and had a trial fit and found that the 70mm rings are just a tad to big and don't look right ( 100mm fit like a glove ) so it back to how i was gonna do it in the first place , took the side/fog lights out and have fitted the 70mm rings to the fog lights so instead of side by side they will be on top of each other , will get some pic's up when i have finished wiring them in .

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00090.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 22/01/2009 21:44

I like that even better.

Re: Angel eyes - 22/01/2009 22:04

ok just an update , got my 100mm and 70mm rings this morning thanks to cowboy and had a trial fit and found that the 70mm rings are just a tad to big and don't look right ( 100mm fit like a glove ) so it back to how i was gonna do it in the first place , took the side/fog lights out and have fitted the 70mm rings to the fog lights so instead of side by side they will be on top of each other , will get some pic's up when i have finished wiring them in hey Nismo i was on about the fogs....do you have to take the lights apart & is it easy to do thanks Jim .

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 00:29

here you go jimboy a little "how to" for you

cut off glue on pegs
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00078.jpg
lever off back ring
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00079.jpg
cut slots so cable can come straight back instead of down
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00082.jpg
back plate back on ( i didn't glue it back )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00083.jpg
sticky pads to help fix ring ( only used 3 to stick it )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00084.jpg
use black marker to colour sticky pads ( just the front )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00085.jpg
stick in flush with inner ring
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00086.jpg
see how they look ( clean lense before you stick them in )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00087.jpg
lights working

this is easy to do jimboy , just take your side/fog lights out and unclip the fog light and you will see how easy it is . the rings me and cowboy have used have a plastic outer cover that made it easyer , if you look threw the posts above your find the link to them .

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 08:13

here you go jimboy a little "how to" for you

cut off glue on pegs
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00078.jpg
lever off back ring
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00079.jpg
cut slots so cable can come straight back instead of down
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00082.jpg
back plate back on ( i didn't glue it back )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00083.jpg
sticky pads to help fix ring ( only used 3 to stick it )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00084.jpg
use black marker to colour sticky pads ( just the front )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00085.jpg
stick in flush with inner ring
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00086.jpg
see how they look ( clean lense before you stick them in )
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00087.jpg
lights working

this is easy to do jimboy , just take your side/fog lights out and unclip the fog light and you will see how easy it is . the rings me and cowboy have used have a plastic outer cover that made it easyer , if you look threw the posts above your find the link to them .

wooooow \:# \:# \:# \:#
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 08:54

Wow Nismo, I can't believe I've not seen this yet. They look really good! I'd love to see the pics when it's all fitted \:\)

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 08:54

This may help:-

Angel Eye How To Guide

By Nismo

1. Cut off glue on pegs
  2. Lever off back ring
  3. Cut slots so cable can come straight back instead of down
  4. Back plate back on ( i didn't glue it back )
  5. Sticky pads to help fix ring ( only used 3 to stick it )
  6. Use black marker to colour sticky pads ( just the front )
  7. Stick in flush with inner ring
  8. See how they look ( clean lense before you stick them in )
  9. Lights working

This is easy to do jimboy , just take your side/fog lights out and unclip the fog light and you will see how easy it is . the rings me and cowboy have used have a plastic outer cover that made it easier , if you look threw the posts above your find the link to them .
[

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 09:00

Guide now added to the Guide section and index. Great work Nismo

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 10:27

nice \:o

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 10:47

Nismo, i'm desperate to see pic's of these fitted with the 100mm rings in the headlights too! excellent work bud.

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 11:18

nice work with the 'How to' nismo, i was going to do one myself but you beat me too it \:P

Personally i'm sticking with my original plan, just having 100mm rings in the main headlights and keeping the standard sidelight.

i will try and post some pics this evening.

where have you mounted the inverter on your headlights?

Ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 14:53

one side done as i have got big feet

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture029.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture040.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture033.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture031.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture030.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 16:40

Nismo much brawness. fogs & main beam for me going to wait for better weather as its pish up here at the moment. I'm old & ache like hell in this weather, its no pleasure, but come the good weather, well ....no stopping me \:D

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 18:20

looking good karl

jimboy , good luck with yours m8 ,

ninja , sorry m8 next time ,

bockers , thanks for sorting the "how to" out the way it should look .

Re: Angel eyes - 23/01/2009 18:35

had another fiddle today and have managed to get the side/fog lights wired up but found that if you extend the wire from the inverter to the angel eye to long the angel eye will look dim so you need to make sure that the inverter is in the middle of the angel eyes and the wires are the same lenth . i put one inverter in behind my front grill and one in the middle of my bonnet behind the heat/sound sheild . have also sealed my headlights back up so when they are dry i will install them and thats it done .
without covers
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/coversoff-1.jpg
with covers
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/coverson.jpg

as you can see from the above pic's the right light is not as bright as the left due to a longer wire on the right .

Re: Angel eyes - 24/01/2009 10:36

right guys a daft question....can i take a feed from the side/lights all the way to the main/beams rings, what is the best route thanks ....Jim

Re: Angel eyes - 24/01/2009 14:49

just a quick update, Ive fitted rings to the front fogs & happy with the result. as yet i haven't wired them up, although its sunny at the moment its still bloody cold & my fingers are frozen looks impressive even when switched off.i don't want to cut my fingers off or balls up the wiring so I'm going to wait for a bit warmer spell \:D
tell you what its times like this i would love a garage aye a big one at that \:D

Re: Angel eyes - 24/01/2009 17:44

Originally Posted By: jimboy
right guys a daft question....can i take a feed from the side/lights all the way to the main/beams rings, what is the best route thanks ....Jim

thats what i have done jimboy and the best route is the one where you can't see the cables , its hard to say but just try and hide the cable the best you can and when you get to the bonnet run the cable behind the heat/sound sheild on the bonnet

Re: Angel eyes - 31/01/2009 14:43

right a quick update....wired up the angel/eyes to the front fogs today & bloody hell the backs of them, the carboardy bit with foil have melted due to my fog lights \:o the silver bit that covers the join fell off as well its the heat from the fogs that have done it...all sorted now, everything works fine, ive even wired up an extra/long wire for the main beam angel/eyes, when the time comes anyone else come across this....

Re: Angel eyes - 31/01/2009 17:59

it sounds like you had fun today jimboy but atleast there done now m8 just the main beam to sort out ;\)

Re: Angel eyes - 03/02/2009 20:13

What is a diameter of main beam headlights and dipped beam headlights???

Re: Angel eyes - 03/02/2009 20:32

Originally Posted By: NED
What is a diameter of main beam headlights and dipped beam headlights???

Read the whole thread, its all there.

Re: Angel eyes - 03/02/2009 21:57

the diameter of the rings for the main beam in the ones we got from tha usa are 100mm but to fit anything in the dipped side it just dont work right,as there not round but if you want them in the fogs there 71mm
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/cowboykarl/Picture028-1.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 03/02/2009 22:35

it looks like all the time and effert was well worth it cowboy , will get some pic's up when i have finished mine

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 19:14

I have just made a set of angel eye headlights for my coupe, looks really smart. Am just about to take some pics and put the on here; i could modify peoples headlamps if they like them

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 19:25

whats the website cowboy? cheers.

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 20:10

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 22:40

Here are, as promised the pics of my angel eye headlight conversion

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i247/blue_herbivore/DSCF9826.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i247/blue_herbivore/DSCF9818.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 22:49

links that work

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i247/blue_herbivore/DSCF9826.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i247/blue_herbivore/DSCF9818.jpg

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 22:50

smart mate,think this is on my list to do

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 22:52

ive managed to close mine this evening \:\)

Open 1

Open 2

Open 3

Closed 1

Closed 2

I'm sticking to just having the larger eyes in mine, i think main beam and fog lights is a little too much. with this in mind ive fitted the invertors inside the light unit (one in each) and run a connecting wire through the case. this way the cables stay the same length as manufactured \:\)

will hopefully fit them the weekend \:\)

Ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 22:53

oops, sorry about that (thanks Zonta)

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 22:55

Originally Posted By: ninja
ive managed to close mine this evening \:\)

Open 1

Open 2

Open 3

Closed 1

Closed 2

I'm sticking to just having the larger eyes in mine, i think main beam and fog lights is a little too much. with this in mind ive fitted the invertors inside the light unit (one in each) and run a connecting wire through the case. this way the cables stay the same length as manufactured \:\)

will hopefully fit them the weekend \:\)

Ninja
Looks good Ninja. So will your angel eyes only come on with the headlights then, not with the side lights?

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 22:58

either . . .

i could wire them up to headlights, sidelights or even a completelt seperate switch \:\?

Damn it, now ive got a choice

Ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 23:01

Yeh. The only thing i had to think about when wiring them into the side lights was that you have to run the cable all the way along the inside of the bonnet and back to the front, because there are no side light connections in the light cluster on the bonnet (if you get what i mean?)

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 23:04

nice tidy job ninja you might aswell wire them to the side lights as that is what they are,there you go no choice lol

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 23:16

cheers

i think i will go with the side lights to be fair, its just as blue said, extending the wire all the way down the bonnet and back to the sidelight connector at the front of the car

Ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 23:32

If I go for this I think I'll go for ninja's setup. Would be interested to see what that looks like when it's up and going. When you have a pic with just the sidelights and another with the headlights on please post them.

Karl, is it not possible to have the sidelights and the angel eyes running at the same time. Your pic appears to have the angels in the fogs and on the main beams on along with the headlights, but no sidelights?

Steve

Re: Angel eyes - 04/02/2009 23:36

Just spotted this thread, and really like the look of the ones from the US.

So the two sets for 99 dollars im guessing your asking for one set of 100mm for the mains and one set of 71mm for the fogs? Giving a total of 4 x 100mm and 4 x 71mm so you can go halvers with another forum member?

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 17:31

yes nrenz123 thats right,mrcooper my main light are off its just the flash that made them look on sorry but its bloody hard to take a pic with them on

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 17:44

Fair enough cowboy, but why are the sidelights not on (i.e. the ones next to the fogs)?

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 17:58

I'm guessing he has removed them as i beieve if they are fitted they have to work for legal reasons?

Anyone want to go halfes on a set of rings with me?

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 19:16

if anyone want a set of 71mm rings (for the fog lights) i have a spare set? i'm not going to use them, but you will need an invertor.

Ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 20:09

Originally Posted By: nrenz123
I'm guessing he has removed them as i beieve if they are fitted they have to work for legal reasons?

Anyone want to go halfes on a set of rings with me?

But why would they not work?

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 20:19

Think standard side lights next to the angel eyes in the fogs would look a bit naff.

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 21:03

But if you did not have the angel eyes in the fogs (only around the main beam) would/could the sidelights work?

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 21:09

yes mrcooper if you have side lights fitted they must work for mot but as i have side lights fitted in my fogs they take the place of the std ones i took the side lights out coz it was just to much so all i have now for my side lights is 4 rings

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 21:12

yes you can have them working any combo you like,fitted in main beam and just the std side lights working

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 21:13

Originally Posted By: MrCooper
But if you did not have the angel eyes in the fogs (only around the main beam) would/could the sidelights work?

Yes, thats the way i am doing it \:D

Re: Angel eyes - 05/02/2009 21:15

Thanks Karl, that's interesting.

When you say took them out do you mean removed the bulb or are you talking something more significant? How confident are you that the coop would pass its MOT with the angels in the fogs but no traditional sidelight? Is it a given?

I have to say that if there's a no sidelight option that does make the stacked angel-eye more attractive to my mind's eye - looking at your image again.
Posted By: Baz76

Re: Angel eyes - 06/02/2009 07:26

Originally Posted By: MrCooper
When you say took them out do you mean removed the bulb or are you talking something more significant? How confident are you that the coop would pass its MOT with the angels in the fogs but no traditional sidelight? Is it a given?

I don`t see any problem with the MOT,as long as they are both working and light up with a white light then they should be fine .

Baz \:\)

Re: Angel eyes - 06/02/2009 15:52

got mot end of the month so ill see then but as baz saz why not

Re: Angel eyes - 08/02/2009 19:03

Well got mine fitted so here are some pics \:\)

On daylight

Daylight 1

Daylight 2

Daylight 3

Daylight 4

I spliced into the side lide wiring just after the main connect near where the OE intercooler sits (yellow + / black -) ran the wire up past the battery and then followed the original lighting wire up the inside of the bonnet (under the lining). an inline fuse has been fitted just before where the wires split for the headlights and connectors have been installed at each light so i can disconnect easily in the case of removal \:\)

Install pics

Install 1

Install 2

Install 3

And i tried for some night pics but my camera is pants \:\(

Nighttime 1

Nighttime 2

I am very happy with them \:D and ive just ordered some pure white leds for my sidelights

Ninja

Re: Angel eyes - 09/02/2009 10:07

This is nice. Is there a how-to for the headlight fittings at all?

Re: Angel eyes - 09/02/2009 22:30

when you strip the headlight the ring is the perfect size for the light just a bit of clue on the inside of the ring to keep it there,i used black oven clue that i found on ebay

Re: Angel eyes - 11/03/2009 16:28

well at last i'm back from australia after a 30 days holiday and thort its about time i finished my angel eyes as its been an on going mission to get them done , so here are the final pic's of them installed and working ( headlights and fog lights ) BIG thanks to cowboy ( karl ) for all your help and the inverter you sent me after i blown one up smile

day time - http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00120.jpg
in the garage - http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/r33-skyline/DSC00121.jpg

and i still don't know if i should take out the side light bulbs as i have left them there for the time being crazy

Re: Angel eyes - 11/03/2009 16:36

Originally Posted By: ninja
Well got mine fitted so here are some pics smile

On daylight

Daylight 1

Daylight 2

Daylight 3

Daylight 4

I spliced into the side lide wiring just after the main connect near where the OE intercooler sits (yellow + / black -) ran the wire up past the battery and then followed the original lighting wire up the inside of the bonnet (under the lining). an inline fuse has been fitted just before where the wires split for the headlights and connectors have been installed at each light so i can disconnect easily in the case of removal smile

Install pics

Install 1

Install 2

Install 3

And i tried for some night pics but my camera is pants frown

Nighttime 1

Nighttime 2

I am very happy with them laugh and ive just ordered some pure white leds for my sidelights

Ninja

nice install ninja thumb

Re: Angel eyes - 11/03/2009 17:48

got mot end of the month so ill see then but as baz saz why not

how did the mot go karl ? as i have mine in a week or so

Re: Angel eyes - 11/03/2009 17:56

no prob mate went in without my side lights just the rings and it past,mind you its never not past,most money i ever spent on a car thats never broken down lol.your lights look good mate but get rid of the old sides bit to much i think
Posted By: mrc

Re: Angel eyes - 11/03/2009 22:56

Looking very sweet Mr Nismo! By the time I get to the ace tomorrow it'll be nice and dark for a proper viewing! smile

Re: Angel eyes - 12/03/2009 06:03

Originally Posted By: mrc
Looking very sweet Mr Nismo! By the time I get to the ace tomorrow it'll be nice and dark for a proper viewing! smile

i won't be in the coupe today chris your'll have to wait till you pop around to see them or at the next ace but i'm sure i'll see you before then .

Re: Angel eyes - 12/03/2009 06:06

thanks karl , i think i will get rid of the side light bulbs now as i keep looking at them and thinking i should as its abit to much light going on at night .

Re: Angel eyes - 05/04/2009 17:14

Ok, so an update on project angel eyes - i finally got round to sealing the headlight unit and fitting them/wiring them in. I decided to take the bulbs out of the sidelight as it was just too much. Here they are:

[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/sammocammo/CIMG3085.jpg[/IMG]

(A HID upgrade is next on the cards btw)
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: Angel eyes - 05/04/2009 17:58

These Angel eyes ?

Looks good.

Re: Angel eyes - 05/04/2009 18:33

Originally Posted By: mr_tickle
These Angel eyes ?

Looks good.

To be brutally honest here, I dont like the multi individual led bulb look, but each to their own....

Re: Angel eyes - 05/04/2009 19:18

thats fair enough. i did think about trying the other style of angel eyes, but couldn't get them in the necessary diameter...

Re: Angel eyes - 13/05/2009 19:09

his email
ADDPLUS2005@YAHOO.COM
firm name
ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT DEPOT
iv looked every were cant find his email name only what i given you there,ill email him now ok
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK