Fiat Coupe Club UK

has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all?

Posted By: Anonymous

has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 05/01/2006 21:16

as title really... looking at a red coupe but dont know about colour matching as i would like to fit skirts etc..

and experiances on here?

cheers

Paul
Posted By: bockers

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 05/01/2006 21:47

My old coop was rosso reed, or rather pink Only had it 4 weeks before it was wrecked. In that time I tried to get a good match for some stone chip damage but never made it. However I have since heard that most good paint shops will do a match for you and make up a few cans.

Beware as the colour is different depending on its exposure to the sun. My boot and rear wings were the lightest and doors shuts were the only places left of the original colour.

Good luck

JOhn

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 05/01/2006 21:51

yeah i used to work at a bodyshop, and was always told never buy red but this car is so nice... think i should wait for a metallic one

Paul R

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 06/01/2006 02:38

paul
it is a bit of a sod to match
iv got a tin of airosol from fiat to match mine,did a test in the summer and its miles different as is my touch up pen

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 06/01/2006 04:44

red can be a real pain to match... i am also in cov, and coop owner for 4 yrs come 30th Jan. if you need any help looking round coupes etc pm. i am not great, but better than nothing
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 06/01/2006 05:13

You need to get the paint matched by a body shop, just going on the paint code will get you a colour way off as the cars paint will fade over time.
Posted By: Saint

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 06/01/2006 07:38

Yes, Agree with the above, you really need to take it to a shop and get them to match it, It can still be hard as the colour varies over the car, it can be very hard to match.

Respray anyone

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 06/01/2006 20:34

I bought a rosso red 20V a few months ago, and have noticed that the colour varies quite a lot round the car, a bit of a problem as it needs some touching up ( a job for next spring/summer)

Not as bad as a yellow one I looked at when buying mine though, the fading on that colour was terrible!

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 07/01/2006 01:43

@Jimbo I also got a Vinci Grey LE. How is the fading on the Vinci Grey car because I've to get the passenger side resprayed in two weeks.
Cheers

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at - 07/01/2006 02:12

I had a some sprint blu mixed at halfords and that turned out to be lighter that the paint thats been on the car for the past 8 years

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at - 07/01/2006 07:56

Any colour will not match 100% although I do admit red is more prone to fading than others. My coop is in getting a bodykit on at the min but due to chips and other stuff it might as well be a respray so Im not that worried. BTW colours not matching seem to be picked up by cameras more than the naked eye from my experience.

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at - 07/01/2006 18:38

Agreed with Ally, its more camera and scanners that pick up colour variations.

Red is the worse for fading and matching - although yellow has proved to be a bit of a mare everytime ive added something to mine

What doesnt help is although I know its broom yellow and the year etc - there were over 10(!!!) different shades of the same paint code produced for the year im sure this was the same for most of the colours. Thats why some small places produce a shade totally off when asked for, as they dont have the full spectrum
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: has anyone had problems matching rosso red at all? - 09/01/2006 08:00

Chris,

I dont think the Vinci Grey will be too hard to match, jsut make sure its a good bodyshop, spraying metalic paint needs to be done in 2 directions or you get a stripey finish.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK