Fiat Coupe Club UK

Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!!

Posted By: Anonymous

Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 09/10/2012 18:43

Hi I have a blitz sbc Id and can anyone tell me what the gain and set should be ? I want to set it with three channels on 1.1 bar , 1.2 bar and 1.3 bar but have no idea what the gain should be set to and the set should be set to ?
Many thanks ian
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 09/10/2012 20:03

Ian - the gain setting controls how fast the boost is allowed to rise.

A low number lets the boost rise slowly and makes for a relaxed drive. A high number lets the turbo spool quickly, which gives a strong punch to the driving (and wears out your tyres more quickly...)

I use a gain setting of 6 or 7 for the gentle setting and a maximum of about 15 for the enthusiastic setting

However, spoolup is also very turbo-dependent - I have a big turbo, so it spools quite slowly - if you have a standard turbo, you may find that even lower numbers are better
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 09/10/2012 21:58

And if you have a GTiR you won't need more than 5 as the boost will be very unstable above that.

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 09/10/2012 22:07

That's great what about the set ? Any ideas as I'm lost and can't find anything online .
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 10/10/2012 07:16

Originally Posted By: ianmunro
That's great what about the set ? Any ideas as I'm lost and can't find anything online .

Not sure what you are asking here?

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 10/10/2012 12:12

On my blitz control to set the boost there are 2 settings the first is called gain which I now understand what it does and what to set to and the second is called 'set' this is the number that goes from 1 to 100 but controls the boost and I don't know what to set to !
I want to set my car on the three settings of 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 bar ?
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 10/10/2012 12:26

Okay now I get it.

Basically you can do this and fine tune it by trial and error. I think my settings are as follows:

30 = 1.1bar
40 = 1.2bar
50 = 1.3bar
60 = 1.4bar

All approximate and depends on the weather (may also depend on your set up)

I'd start low at a "set" value of 30 - boot it and see what max value you get, then go on up as far as you want / dare on the fdifferent channels.
Enjoy!
Posted By: Punto16VT

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 10/10/2012 12:31

Manual for Blitz Dual SBC Spec. S/R is here:
www.blitzpowerusa.com/techsupport/pdf/dualsbc_specs-r.pdf

Set value 1-100 is a 'percentage', so start at a lowish value (say 25) and increase until you know the value for your desired peak boost, then calculate for each of the 4 settings. P is an added percentage for a time.

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 10/10/2012 15:54

Thanks for the info and replys guy really appreciate it smile
All the best ian

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 11/10/2012 18:30

Originally Posted By: Kayjey
The gain should improve spool up, but can also cause overboost peaks.

Best way to set it up is motorway first, gain to 0 and set your boost to what it needs to be to get what you want. Trial and error, every car is different. Start low. Use high gears to test and full throttle to find where it will get to.

After that, set gain in a lower gear (increase in steps of 5 untill it starts overboosting). You can also do this in higher gears, but then you have to start around the revs ifpeak boost, keep boost around 0.8 bar andthen at those revs floor it. It will shoot up quickly. Set to a value where it will not cause overboost. Verify at lower revs.

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 11/10/2012 18:33

I will add that you should swipe over your rpm figure where you get the highest boost. Depending on your setup I'd say start from 3.5k rpm up to 5k rpm. Somewhere between them you will see the highest boost while flooring it linearly. The verification for overboost should be done at the same rpm and additionally while following my 2nd paragraph above at around 4.5k rpm, where boost response should be quickest (keep 0.8 then floor it).

Re: Help with blitz sbc I'd boost settings !!!! - 11/10/2012 20:15

Thanks kayjey smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK