Fiat Coupe Club UK

Where to start on my 16vt??

Posted By: Anonymous

Where to start on my 16vt?? - 26/07/2013 19:04

Hi there.

New to the forum, just purchased myself a 1996 16vt.
It has had a full engine rebuild about 40k back and has a T28 turbo. It has a greddy prolec 2 boost controller and blitz boost gauge. It also has a piper cross induction kit and 3 inch straight through exhaust system.

As I'm totally new to coupes, just wondered any thoughts on what to do next? It's running 232bhp according to the dyno the guy have me.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
Posted By: kj16v

Re: Where to start on my 16vt?? - 26/07/2013 23:34

Hi. The first question is what sort of power are you after and, more importantly, what is your budget!

If your dyno printout is correct then your 16VT is running the maximum power possible with a completely stock fuel system. So to make more power you'll need some modifications. What mods depends on the above.

BTW its not normally possible to fit a t28 to a 16vt because the manifold flanges are different. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust manifold, or does your turbo have a T3 flange? Do you know the spec of the turbo; trim, a/r, etc?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Where to start on my 16vt?? - 27/07/2013 05:28

Ok. The fuel pump has a 12v wiring mod done to it already. I am looking at getting up to 290-300bhp and budget can be resolved! :-D.

As with the turbo, I'm not entirely sure, how would I find this out?
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: Where to start on my 16vt?? - 27/07/2013 08:10

Takes some photos of the turbo mate, that's the easiest way. Unless it has a non standard manifold I'd say its unlikely to be a T28.

Start reading this
Posted By: Hoops82

Re: Where to start on my 16vt?? - 03/08/2013 17:21

Start reading this [/quote]

Amen to that. All you need to know is in that bible. Welcome to 16vt ownership. Look after it, they are getting rarer these days.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK