Fiat Coupe Club UK

Best air intake position for sport filter?

Posted By: Mrzly_slo

Best air intake position for sport filter? - 16/09/2013 09:40

I would like to make some changes to my VIS which has box sport filter.

I didn't notice much efect when I put it in, probably because it's all double sealed on vis sistem....as you can see here...

I removed the link hoping for better results, and I got one.
The car is more responsive on trotle and revs more, but the problem I'm facing is that it also has a counter effect.
The hole is much to close to the colector and the hot air is getting in..and that's bad.
click to enlarge

So I'm hoping if you guys have a solution, what modification do I take so that the engine gets cold air.
maybe trying to replace VIS box with 20VT box?

click to enlarge

Or should I find some sort of hose and get it closer down , maybe to the front bumper?
Or would a simple 20VT box do the trick?
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Best air intake position for sport filter? - 16/09/2013 15:56

you can remove the plastic tubing after the air box and run a cold air feed from the front of the bumper which helps just make sure you keep all of the tubing and boxes after the air box because you will give yourself massive flat spots in the power curve, The VIS engine's are temperamental when it comes to playing about but its all about messing about and seeing what works.

Its a shame your not in the uk because FC Performace do an ecu map which gives some more life to the beast
Posted By: Mrzly_slo

Re: Best air intake position for sport filter? - 17/09/2013 02:28

I was considering an ecu map, but if it's not on the rolers I don't think this is a good idea.
If I was in UK i would defenetly get it chiped... crazy
Posted By: Per

Re: Best air intake position for sport filter? - 17/09/2013 08:39

Mine's here, stays dry and cold for most of the time.

http://sfk.ibk.se/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13680&d=1378982544
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK