Fiat Coupe Club UK

EBC brakes

Posted By: Anonymous

EBC brakes - 01/06/2014 22:46

has anybody used EBC brake pads ?

there are green, red and yellow designs, what is better suited for the coupe ?

do they fit straight in ?
Posted By: magooagain

Re: EBC brakes - 02/06/2014 06:55

I know that some here have used them Chris. Pagid rs29 is a good fast road pad for the fronts.
Posted By: stevo

Re: EBC brakes - 02/06/2014 09:55

Get the pagids.
Posted By: szkom

Re: EBC brakes - 02/06/2014 13:08

Iirc, green aren't suitable for the turbo. I had reds and hated them. There was no pad feel and they barely stopped the car when cold (which was quite often when you're just driving normally).
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EBC brakes - 02/06/2014 14:05

so EBC pads arnt the way to go then by the sound of it.

mine should be ok for couple of years as yet, but shopping for information incase I swap them out for something better.... so far it's looking like the pagids pads.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: EBC brakes - 02/06/2014 16:26

Pagid are the best pads and Pagid Grey are the best Pagids smile
Posted By: Solouko

Re: EBC brakes - 10/06/2014 01:12

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

I have all EBC stuff on my coop, and EBC disks, I've used the EBC stuff for years and always thought of it as best value for money and easiest to use.

You can see the pads fit straight in, front and rear. I think Reds are standard for the coop, but any size pad you can get in one colour you can get in any other colour. For example, my old mitsubishi carisma used EBC black (Budget pads) but my FTO used green ads, but were the same size and the green pads were the upgrade for the risma. I used the yellow pads in the FTO because I drove it like it was stolen. I personally think the reds are best for the coop, but they now do the blue pads, which are pre-bedded, they're not road legal but you can buy them none the less, jsut phone them up and tell them what size you have and say you want them in blue. I've not yet tried them but I was going to put them on the scooby as soon as she was back on the road.
Posted By: deannn_20VT

Re: EBC brakes - 10/06/2014 07:53

I have tried the blue ones - stay away from them they are sh*te. Good cheap allround pads are Ferodo DS2500.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: EBC brakes - 10/06/2014 08:41

After reading a few favourable reviews on here for EBC yellow stuff, I thought I'd give them a try. So far I'm pretty disappointed, similar to szkom's opinion of the reds - not much feel and it never seems like they're going to stop the car. I was nervous driving down the Stelvio Pass last week and equally unsure driving round the 'Ring hence pretty slow laps (although I did overtake a 599 GTB cool )
Posted By: Solouko

Re: EBC brakes - 10/06/2014 17:22

I tell you what pad might be worth looking at, brembo sport.
they're a British company that makes pads for brembo under license, I've never used them but a friend put them on his subaru when we fitted all new brembo calipers to it. They're expensive and harsh, but I kinda like them, I would definitely consider trying them on my coop.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK